Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is going up to Pedro over this coming weekend, we'll be on a houseboat over by the waterfalls. White 26' Eagle with purple and red, white 26' Daytona with purple and yellow, stop by and share a cold one and some hot BS.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer, wish I could stop by. I'll look for your boats over the summer up there.
If this is the Boatmaster formely of Dublin, you guys did the drive service on my Eagle last time I had it done. Heard you moved out to Livermore.
Hope to be up at the lake alot this summer, wish they would let the lake fill up a little faster, down about 60' right now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If anyone is going up to Pedro over this coming weekend, we'll be on a houseboat over by the waterfalls. White 26' Eagle with purple and red, white 26' Daytona with purple and yellow, stop by and share a cold one and some hot BS.
What's the name of your houseboat? Where do you keep it? My family has a HB on LDP. We keep it tied up directly across the bay from the Flemming Meadows marina.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the name of your houseboat? Where do you keep it? My family has a HB on LDP. We keep it tied up directly across the bay from the Flemming Meadows marina.

The houseboats name is "BUNKHOUSE", it's owned by a good friend named Dennis. He was in the marina till it broke up, now it's on a bouy across from Flemming when not in use.

·
Registered
615 Posts
We will be up on saturday. We have the meeting to see how much they are going to hose us on rent Saturday. Other than that it is mostly a work weekend on the boat.
Tommy

·
Registered
848 Posts
We parked with Denny last weekend and the prior three weekends we were on the lake. Nicest guy you will ever meet. Hopefully he will have better luck with this motor in his Daytona. Like Tom said, we are doing a one day work day/pound me in the ass meeting with the agency so we wont make the waterfall. Have a great time. Hopefully we will make the next trip.

Rick

·
Northern CA DCB Sales
1,230 Posts
If this is the Boatmaster formely of Dublin, you guys did the drive service on my Eagle last time I had it done. Heard you moved out to Livermore.
Hope to be up at the lake alot this summer, wish they would let the lake fill up a little faster, down about 60' right now.
Thats me. Please feel free to stop by our new location at 5162 Preston Ave in Livermore and check us out.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where on the lake is the waterfalls and are they flowing at this time.

The waterfall is about half way between Flemming and Mocassin, it's back behind an island when the level is up, and in a cove when the lake is down, can not be seen from the main body of water.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We parked with Denny last weekend and the prior three weekends we were on the lake. Nicest guy you will ever meet. Hopefully he will have better luck with this motor in his Daytona. Like Tom said, we are doing a one day work day/pound me in the ass meeting with the agency so we wont make the waterfall. Have a great time. Hopefully we will make the next trip.

Rick

Denny is a great guy, met him about 6 years ago, give you the shirt off his back. Turns out we share the same birthday, day and year, two hours apart, been friends ever since. I know what you mean on the motor issue, last year after the first rebuild, we were going 80, with 20lbs oil pressure, and high temp, not good! Told him to let me out before the thing locked up, and went upside down. Pinched oil cooler line was the culprit there. Some shade tree mechanic up there was responsible for the first cluster F. Look forward to meeting you sometime this summer, I'll tell him we met on line.

·
Some guys never learn.
658 Posts
Rick and Tom

I will be there also with my partner Mike and a couple of buddy's. Combo Guys drinking weekend and get a few things done on the boat. Not sure if we're going to make the meeting or not. Us low lifes on the bouys aren't getting hosed anywhere as bad as the ballers on the docks.

Larry,

My houseboat is "high maintenance" not sure where we are going to be but if you see us stop and say hi.

Gary

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rick and Tom

I will be there also with my partner Mike and a couple of buddy's. Combo Guys drinking weekend and get a few things done on the boat. Not sure if we're going to make the meeting or not. Us low lifes on the bouys aren't getting hosed anywhere as bad as the ballers on the docks.

Larry,

My houseboat is "high maintenance" not sure where we are going to be but if you see us stop and say hi.

Gary

Will do Gary, thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Rick and Tom

Larry,

Gary
What's up Gary,

Did you get your trailer done? Have a great time this weekend. With the new prices I sure won't mind running my AC. I might run the heater at the same time. LOL

Rick

·
Registered
848 Posts
Denny is a great guy, met him about 6 years ago, give you the shirt off his back. Turns out we share the same birthday, day and year, two hours apart, been friends ever since. I know what you mean on the motor issue, last year after the first rebuild, we were going 80, with 20lbs oil pressure, and high temp, not good! Told him to let me out before the thing locked up, and went upside down. Pinched oil cooler line was the culprit there. Some shade tree mechanic up there was responsible for the first cluster F. Look forward to meeting you sometime this summer, I'll tell him we met on line.
Sounds like you know the story. We made a run to Moccasin and back with no problems. Denny took it pretty easy, never running above 80. He spoke that day about how he could not take another breakage. About 10:00 that night he was heading to the marina to drop his daughter off. We heard the motor shut down just around the point where we were parked. We went to check and no go. We pulled him in. That was Presidents Holiday. 10K later he is back in the water. Wish him luck.

Rick

·
GO CELTICS
2,083 Posts
They can't do that, it would limit the amount of water So Cal would have for their pools. :mad:
To bad that water doesnt go to socal:)hand

·
Some guys never learn.
658 Posts
What's up Gary,

Did you get your trailer done? Have a great time this weekend. With the new prices I sure won't mind running my AC. I might run the heater at the same time. LOL

Rick
Hi Rick

Trailer is done and the boats back on it. Got most of my pre summer maintenance done. Need to install a new bilge pump and a good detail and I'm ready to go. We were up there this past weekend but stayed on the bouy. Drove by your boat Saturday afternoon. Looked all closed up.

And yes for the new dock prices I would run everything I could in the slip. Some big electric heaters. Some electric hotplates instead of running the stove and useing propane. Hey you could add a couple of icemakers and sell ice.

See you soon.

Gary

1 - 20 of 25 Posts