Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gas station today and noticed 3 guys in their early 20's stareing at the jumper cables. I asked if they needed help. They said that they didn't know how to hook up the cables to the batteries. I looked at them and shook my head and showed them how to do it. :D

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Nope.

G

·
I went to the gas station today and noticed 3 guys in their early 20's stareing at the jumper cables. I asked if they needed help. They said that they didn't know how to hook up the cables to the batteries. I looked at them and shook my head and showed them how to do it. :D

That's what Dads are for :D

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
They would know how if it was a video game. A lot of the youth today wouldn't qualify as a NIMROD!!!!! It all goes back to their parents:|err

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
They had auto shop when I was in hs, but I didn't take it ;)

3 years after I graduated the Auto/Metal/Machine Shop Teacher who knew WTF he was talking about retired after 35 year

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Whats even funnier are the ones who get out 10gage cables to jump start a dead battery hook it up to another can and think they can crank right away.

I tried to give someone a jump and he kept doing the same thing after i told him for the 3rd time let the my truck run for a couple of minutes before you try to start i pulled the cables off my truck and told him find someone else to help you.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
In stead of showing them, you should have texted them. Then they would understand:)sphss

I have had guys in my shop that didn't understand a parts catalog. As I always understood, it was called reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
That`s Why

Whats even funnier are the ones who get out 10gage cables to jump start a dead battery hook it up to another can and think they can crank right away.

I tried to give someone a jump and he kept doing the same thing after i told him for the 3rd time let the my truck run for a couple of minutes before you try to start i pulled the cables off my truck and told him find someone else to help you.

You Are Charger:)hand

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
you mean they still actually try to teach reading, writing & math ??, let alone shop classes ?? oh yeah, thats why they had to LOWER the scores so they would leave NO KID BEHIND !!! The dumbing of America !!!!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
If I got really started on the working youth today, it would get ugly!!!!!! Let's just say, most of them voted for Obama. Work, not, just give it to me:)st

·
27 Victory 800efi
420 Posts
That's what Dads are for :D
I completely agree. I've been working on cars with my dad in our home-based shop since I was about 10 and soaked it all up. I love working on cars now and am a mechanical engineering major. I'd say that 90% of my classmates couldnt change their own oil and they're majoring in ME. Its sad really...

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
my 9 yr old twin boys can recite bbc/sbc firing order , change plugs, change oil(i make em do their own atv, bike), blow out their air filters, check valve lash and reset(i bring up that cyl) , i could go on and on. daddy is a superhero to his sons, alot of guys forget that:)bulb if ya know it, teach yo boys:)devil

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My daughter picked up her first wrench a 2 yo. She is 28 yo now and calls me just to double check what she is doing. Plus she is at North Carolina getting her doctorate in Medicinal Chemistry.

It all goes back to upbringing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT, at some point the NIMRODS should be able to figure it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
We have an auto shop at our local high school. Not only do they learn about basic automotive skills, they also have a drag racing team. The school has a couple stock super comp race cars.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
I just want to be the first to say....

This post is worthless without pictures.

Brian

My daughter picked up her first wrench a 2 yo. She is 28 yo now and calls me just to double check what she is doing. Plus she is at North Carolina getting her doctorate in Medicinal Chemistry.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts