Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The owner of our company has one at his Lake Michigan Lake house., 21fter I think. We built a sweet little 383 stroker 500hp and she really books! Awesome little boats!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Had a 16' back in the day. It had a 302 Holman & Moody Ford and a Volvo outdrive. Used it as a tender at Catalina and for Water skiing. Great little boat in the ocean. The early seating arrangement was ackward with one bucket and a wrap around passenger seat. Also access in the engine compartment was tough through the small engine hatch. It was a chine walking handful above 45 m.p.h. I would look for one larger than the sweet 16'.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had a '79 18 with 350ci, then an '88 Z25 454Mag, then a 01 22ft 454Mag, the classics are awesome boats, other than narrow, not a lot of storage space. If your over 6ft tall you will feel like you are ridin high in the Classic boats.
They are the bomb for jumping boat wake, and getting a thrill, just have to put up with other junk. Always turn heads! Probably liked the 22 the best, although we're in a rougher lake. Used to run the 18 in Lake Mich, although it was a tad SMALL for that! Good luck with the find!!:)devil

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here's mine.
But, never for sale.
1971 18' Donzi Classsic - 4 year restoration

Basically, a Shelby Cobra on the water.

Here was it's big brother which I sold last year.

Let me know if you need any info.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That is a cool 18, what do you have for stern drive with that motor?? Looks like a ball! the small block in the 18 is the best balance for weight distribution, and handling. I have ridden in an 18 with big block and to heavy on the a$$ end. The 22 with the big block has the same feel only more boat . I always wondered what the Blackhawk with 502 Matg was like, I have heard a handful! Nice 18!! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
LOOK'N FOR LOCAL ONE IN GOOD CONDITION, REASONABLEY PRICED

I 've allways want'd to have one, Any input? how are they

they look tooo cool! pm or post
I have a 1968 Donzi "sweet 16" For Sale. Total rebuild. Better than new. First Place, best Donzi restoration at SunnyLand antique festival, Tavares,Fl. March 2019. Check out the video and call me. Bruce 651-261-7938
https://vimeo.com/user1468209 /review/380756798/a43da5ea6a

1 - 17 of 17 Posts