Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
To run 170 on that lake in an 18" boat it will have to be between 3 and 6am and ban all wakeboard boats for 24 hours prior to that.:happy:

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
To run 170 on that lake in an 18" boat it will have to be between 3 and 6am and ban all wakeboard boats for 24 hours prior to that.:happy:
when you see the track layout and everything they're doing, this will not be an issue. if you know todd taylor (jokers wild), go see him. he has the layout from overheads on his computer. he also has about a 2" binder with all the approved permits for the whole thing. there are things that need to be done between now and next october. but it will happen.
elaine curren is a manager with the convention and visitors bureau, which is part of the chamber of commerce. she is also involved. there are other things we're talking about to go along with this that will be very cool. and like mike fry (meanstreak tah) mentioned to me last saturday, "we can even go home at night"...:happy:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
when you see the track layout and everything they're doing, this will not be an issue. if you know todd taylor (jokers wild), go see him. he has the layout from overheads on his computer. he also has about a 2" binder with all the approved permits for the whole thing. there are things that need to be done between now and next october. but it will happen.
elaine curren is a manager with the convention and visitors bureau, which is part of the chamber of commerce. she is also involved. there are other things we're talking about to go along with this that will be very cool. and like mike fry (meanstreak tah) mentioned to me last saturday, "we can even go home at night"...:happy:
Sounds like he is serious...Be a good idea to stock up on some chop flatener and a few flat floaters or re-floaters...a good jet powered bilge pump might not be a bad idea either:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Hey bp....

If I come out there.... can I stay at your house....:sleeping:

...:))THumbsUp
Gary, good to see you are running the Lucas events next year. :shock: but I have dibs on staying with BP. :)

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Don't you drive your hydro on Havasu Mike :hmmm:
Yep sir i do. I have tore the toe board loose 3 different times, cracked the welds on the inlet pipe on both fuel tanks (and burned one boat to the ground over the fuel leak) and popped both gas caps off over gunnel flex. I have close to 120 hrs run time on that lake....Hondo has that water dam down both side and across the back....Only water i get comes over the bow @ no wake speed and will happen on most every day before i can clear the buoys. I see boats with limited freeboard all the time, in the channel. Don't get me wrong...im not saying having a race here is anything less than a great idea...and i have only really driven one boat, but the thought of running past about 80 on a usual day after about noon is a scary thing....Could just be me...maybe i don't have the balls or enough upper body strength to hang on...lol I do plan on entering..change gears and i am good to go...that is...if they have slow/old guy class. It would be a good idea if the promoters could limit all boat traffic in the area to no wake speed...I have seen rollers from wake boats a full half mile before i even saw the boat..

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
My oldman and I will be there with both boats.. His new motor isn't ready so the ol Pontiac will be back out.. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yep sir i do. I have tore the toe board loose 3 different times, cracked the welds on the inlet pipe on both fuel tanks (and burned one boat to the ground over the fuel leak) and popped both gas caps off over gunnel flex. I have close to 120 hrs run time on that lake....Hondo has that water dam down both side and across the back....Only water i get comes over the bow @ no wake speed and will happen on most every day before i can clear the buoys. I see boats with limited freeboard all the time, in the channel. Don't get me wrong...im not saying having a race here is anything less than a great idea...and i have only really driven one boat, but the thought of running past about 80 on a usual day after about noon is a scary thing....Could just be me...maybe i don't have the balls or enough upper body strength to hang on...lol I do plan on entering..change gears and i am good to go...that is...if they have slow/old guy class. It would be a good idea if the promoters could limit all boat traffic in the area to no wake speed...I have seen rollers from wake boats a full half mile before i even saw the boat..
Agreed 100% on this one. It's rough enough on the big boats we used to run out there. Could only imagine what a little 18' boat at higher speeds and rough water would amount to.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I went to Laughlin this last weekend for Easter. Had a couple with us that was their first trip. They had lived in AZ all their life and never seen havasu, the bridge or anything. We all piled in to the Bahner (21' mini day with an IO) and we haeaded from needles to havasu. The plan was to go to Havasu Springs for lunch and then make the trip back. Something ive done a thousand times.

We left needles about 9 am and headed straight ther. Havasu was a little rough but nothing to bad, went to the bridge and ended up grabbing lunch at shugrues instead of going all the way to the springs. Left the chanel which was pretty much packed and holy crap the water was trashed.

I didnt want to scare my passengers to much but it was damn rough. Water over the bow many times and just crap water. Wake board boats seemed to be everywhere. And when it wasnt a wakeboard boat it was something else big flying by us liek we were standing still. It was miserable.

Sad too becasue i think im going to just stay on the river from now on. Too many a-holes with big ass boats and wallets that dont give a crap. Hell, almost got ran over by an open bow essex with about 12 people on board coming out of devils elbow. Good thing the bahner actually has some balls and i was able to get out of their way

1 - 20 of 21 Posts