Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
lvjetboy here. This forum seems dead. Anyone remember banderlog? Probably not. Or Hotboat forums back in the day? Anyway, I thought some here would like pics of the Dragnjet's stereo. 14 speaker (4 subwoofers) and 3,000 watts power. That on a jet that tops 96 mph with stereo but 100 mph w/o. The stereo box plus amps, speakers, crossovers, wiring etc. weighs over 130 lbs. With my wife I can do 90+, but she won't go there these days. She starts smacking my leg if we go over 80. A good trade-off I think. It's got some power, but less than you might think for a jet w/those numbers. Thanks Jack McClure (MPD), Dave Ebert (D&E Motorsports)
and others. It has a long history of performance upgrades, including my mods for a stepped ride plate and center mounted place diverter control. I believe I was first to do the center mounted PD control, back in 2004.

Enjoy...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Wow... Haven't seen this boat in a long time. What is the second steering wheel switch for (I assume the other is for trim).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wow, the boat still looks great!

Banderlog original here! When I saw who posted this, that was the first thing I thought. Good to hear from you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I took it down to DNE a couple years ago for an ignition problem, he showed me the distributer gear...the teeth nearly stripped. Has anyone seen something like that? Is my distributer somehow misaligned or some other issue? He put a new gear on and so far good, but I'm worried it'll happen again.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Thanks guys. I took it down to DNE a couple years ago for an ignition problem, he showed me the distributer gear...the teeth nearly stripped. Has anyone seen something like that? Is my distributer somehow misaligned or some other issue? He put a new gear on and so far good, but I'm worried it'll happen again.
over the last 20 years, i've had it happen 3 or 4 times, once or twice at the track. it's easy to check, so since the first flail, i do that at home a couple times a year. change it if needed. first time it happened at the track, had to find a new one to borrow because you just don't find msd dist gears at the local parts store. that was a long night. after that, i always carry a spare. if i replace the one in the boat, immediately order a new one for spare.

that first time, the confusing thing to me was, the boat ran on the trailer, but about 200' from the rope the engine just died. checked rockers, checking everything, started it on the trailer and it ran. hooked up timing light, and it seemed a little goofy. i was running the digital 7 and a crank trigger by then. crank trigger was fine, borrowed someone's digital 7 to test, timing still goofy. with the crank trigger, everybody thought it couldn't be the dist because crank trigger. was on the phone with dave until about 11pm. finally, after trying numerous different things, we checked the distributor again, and determined it was the gear. finally got the distributor out, and the gear was a mess. missing teeth. ground down. next morning, found someone's spare gear, got it together. ran some rounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info Bob. With mine the engine just died cruising at 75 mph, then refused to start. Had a jet ski tow me in :rolleyes:. So I'll be checking from now on with a backup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts