Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since setting my pump back and adding a jetaway my drive line needs to be 0.75" longer. I have a PTO flang that i bought way back and never used because my drive line is one of those that bolts up right to the fly wheel. It's about a 1" long. I'm thinking i could have sombody shave off 0.25" and stab some longer bolts that would run through the drive line, pto and into the crank. I'm wondering if that would be a ok thing to do, or if the longer bolts would create a weak point.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Shaun personally I'd abandon what sounds like an older "rock well" and opt for a new 1310 DL/PTO combo 8.5 oal versus the other setup ,if you do go that way you'll likely have to machine the rear face pto to "register" the "rocky" Tom

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Pretty sure I've read the rockwells are indestructable....As long as you maintain/replace the universals.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Shaun personally I'd abandon what sounds like an older "rock well" and opt for a new 1310 DL/PTO combo 8.5 oal versus the other setup ,if you do go that way you'll likely have to machine the rear face pto to "register" the "rocky" Tom
Tom, not to thread jack but was curious...

With a 1310 drive shaft and in the 450-500hp range, what type of bolts should I be using?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts