Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pay no attention to the oversteering errors. Forgot to center the steering wheel. This run was against an 8 mph river current and head wind, 400 inch bbc, e 85 pump gas, 25 lbs boost.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Awesome. PLease post up some pics of the engine set up....I have done a few turbo set ups in street and drag cars....but not a boat...yet.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Did you pedal it or did it have bog. Notice the tach on the leave. Going under that bridge looks interesting. Did the bridge support split the lanes or were both lanes on one side?

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you pedal it or did it have bog. Notice the tach on the leave. Going under that bridge looks interesting. Did the bridge support split the lanes or were both lanes on one side?
No bog. The tach movement was result of rev limiter messing with it. No pedaling done..... I believe both lanes went under the same side of bridge, could be wrong. Didnt pay that any attention. It was a huge gaping hole and didnt bother me at all.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
No bog. The tach movement was result of rev limiter messing with it. No pedaling done..... I believe both lanes went under the same side of bridge, could be wrong. Didnt pay that any attention. It was a huge gaping hole and didnt bother me at all.
The pillar in the middle split the lanes, boat on each side.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Cool video. The bridge would have made me nervous. The dock at smokin in the cove worried me.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool video. The bridge would have made me nervous. The dock at smokin in the cove worried me.
at least the bridge was at the end of the run where the boat should be fairly stable by then. The dock at sitc was quite a bit sooner i believe and it bothered me just watching people run there, in that lane especially.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<br><br>at least the bridge was at the end of the run where the boat should be fairly stable by then.  The dock at sitc was quite a bit sooner i believe and it bothered me just watching people run there, in that lane especially.
<br>

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
at least the bridge was at the end of the run where the boat should be fairly stable by then. The dock at sitc was quite a bit sooner i believe and it bothered me just watching people run there, in that lane especially.
you'd notice the dock at lake Catherine when sitting on the rope. once you started the engine, you never noticed it again.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
I'm kinda like BP, once you got on the rope you didn't pay much attention to the dock .. But when i 1st got there I was like WTF, its hangin in the lane.. LOL

Hey badbug put ya some tape on that wheel, sucks to get hosed down by a jet cause there wheel aint straight :)hand

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I'm kinda like BP, once you got on the rope you didn't pay much attention to the dock .. But when i 1st got there I was like WTF, its hangin in the lane.. LOL

Hey badbug put ya some tape on that wheel, sucks to get hosed down by a jet cause there wheel aint straight :)hand
somebody pulls to within 5' of me when I'm at my launch point, if they get wet it's their own dam fault. in fact, I hope they do. I don't like that shit and I've yelled at guys when they do it. better yet, pull over to 3' away from greg carr when he launches, lol. even better, pull over next to a fueler when it's launching. make your day...:wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Mark. I'm actually surprised this boat runs as good as it does with this little motor .

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
I think the turbocharged trend will be towards smaller motors.
Boost is the great equalizer.

I would never build a big cube big block again for a turbo application.
There's not much gasket material left between the cylinders with 4.530 bore.

I'm watching close to see how the guy with the TT 5 liter Ford mod motor in the jetboat does at the drags.
He should be able to run right with the best but it will likely take 35 - 40 # boost.
The weight difference would be significant.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think the turbocharged trend will be towards smaller motors.
Boost is the great equalizer.

I would never build a big cube big block again for a turbo application.
There's not much gasket material left between the cylinders with 4.530 bore.

I'm watching close to see how the guy with the TT 5 liter Ford mod motor in the jetboat does at the drags.
He should be able to run right with the best but it will likely take 35 - 40 # boost.
The weight difference would be significant.
Working on making it leave quicker now. Runs strong as it is on 22 psi and 15* :))THumbsUp

1 - 20 of 59 Posts