Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 20.5 Eliminator Cruiser. I was curious if anybody has any input on whether a droop snoot or a straight snoot would be beneficial in anyway. Or just roll with the diverter.

thanks

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I've been told the bigger boats don't always like droop snoots, either type. Alot depends on the hull style. Best to see if you can borrow one and try before you buy.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
My 20'er loved the droop. picked up some mph and freed the boat way up along with the diverter. Best just to borrow one and give it a try like said before.

·
1 of 3 Stoojz
70 Posts
The 20 Eliminator Sport Crusier will work just fine with a droop snoot.
Greg installed a droop, ride plate and shoe on my 20.5 Caribbean Sport bubbledeck, in addition to the diverter that I already had. I recall picking up about 5 mph on the top end (i.e., net increase with droop, ride plate and shoe), and a much more "aired out" ride. Max speed now 77.1 MPH with a 502. My 20'er liked the droop FWIW.

·
Members only
4,518 Posts
I run a long droop with a 4" spacer and a place diverter. Almost 36" out the back of the transom. The leverage is outstanding and reaction to the nozzle placement is good for skiing or rough water etc... The biggest problem is keeping the nozzel above the flow line of the bottom. It will will hang below an inch or two when all the way down resulting in a little more drag and turning difficulty. Even trade off when the water is shit. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts