Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to get my stereo done. Frank has helped me out in the past on numerous occasions with my stereo even though I didn't buy from them. Batteries and some stuff like that but I always promised him on my next boat I would let them take care of me. Well the time has come :)

JP spent some time with me yesterday going over everything and we got it all figured out.

Now.......I can't wait to pick it up and hear how it all sounds! They have earned my business and I look forward to seeing how it all works out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
to get my stereo done. Frank has helped me out in the past on numerous occasions with my stereo even though I didn't buy from them. Batteries and some stuff like that but I always promised him on my next boat I would let them take care of me. Well the time has come :)

JP spent some time with me yesterday going over everything and we got it all figured out.

Now.......I can't wait to pick it up and hear how it all sounds! They have earned my business and I look forward to seeing how it all works out.
You will be very happy.. i just had my boat done by them last month and it kicks ass... i had them do my last boat too.. will very go anywhere else...
so what did u end up getting?

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went with JL all around and a few extras :)

Tick tock tick tock...Is it Thursday yet?

:)

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Went with JL all around and a few extras :)
A few extras??? I remember the WFS stereos in your last few boats, and I know what the Car Toyz boys are capable of... this should be interesting. :D

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Just got off the phone with Frank. Set up a appt. for Sat morning to fix some things. :)devil Great guys to work with.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few extras??? I remember the WFS stereos in your last few boats, and I know what the Car Toyz boys are capable of... this should be interesting. :D

Just something I haven't done in the past. Part of it is just the dynamics of a "toon" layout. Trying to get the speakers to project out is more of an issue. I think we have a fix to it but nothing extreme :)

·
Painter Guy
308 Posts
Just something I haven't done in the past. Part of it is just the dynamics of a "toon" layout. Trying to get the speakers to project out is more of an issue. I think we have a fix to it but nothing extreme :)
Maybe if you face a sub to the rear of the transom panel, the repeated thumping will knockout that ugly dent! ;)

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
mmm, i think i need a new amp or maybe just a fan... how bout i get mine down there right away and have him fix it up on your account.

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,414 Posts
WARNING......Don't let JP take his shoes off to get in your boat...you will never get the smell out of the carpet....Bwahahahahahahahaha

They are the best and customer service is second to none

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Tom you nothing to worry about,you know JP had my Bennington to do first and yours is the same boat.I'm sure yours will even be a step above!
The nice thing about the toon is it takes 1/2 the system to get twice as much sound out as your old boat.
Can't wait to hear it!Maybe i'll go over there and crank the volume knob to WOT and see if i can blow soe speakers!:D
I'll wait and hear it once you get it back.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Big stereo in a toon? Can't wait to see and hear it done!

Where will everything go? Are they doing some mdf/fiberglass enclosures or is there already some spaces to put everything.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Maybe if you face a sub to the rear of the transom panel, the repeated thumping will knockout that ugly dent! ;)
I think someone with a heavy knee did that one :(

mmm, i think i need a new amp or maybe just a fan... how bout i get mine down there right away and have him fix it up on your account.
Sure...anything you need...lol

Big stereo in a toon? Can't wait to see and hear it done!

Where will everything go? Are they doing some mdf/fiberglass enclosures or is there already some spaces to put everything.
Nothing that crazy but it will "project" one way or another...lol

Not doing any modifications to the fiberglass. We talked about it but I did not want to go that route.

Tom you nothing to worry about,you know JP had my Bennington to do first and yours is the same boat.I'm sure yours will even be a step above!
The nice thing about the toon is it takes 1/2 the system to get twice as much sound out as your old boat.
Can't wait to hear it!Maybe i'll go over there and crank the volume knob to WOT and see if i can blow soe speakers!:D
I'll wait and hear it once you get it back.
I still have those bumble bees for you....lol

I trust JP and what he is doing especially after taking care of yours. Pick it up tomorrow and hopefully will have SinCal, Nodigg and Deanne with me. If so we are going to go hang out in the channel for a bit. That would be around 6PM.

WARNING......Don't let JP take his shoes off to get in your boat...you will never get the smell out of the carpet....Bwahahahahahahahaha
The funny thing is you are the 3rd person that has told me that :)

jk JP

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Tom i think we have dinner plans not sure what time but if you will be in the Channel in the eve maybe we will walk down if time allows,i'd love to hear the system.
Don't forget to bring your IPOD!You'd be kicking yourself in the ass!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think someone with a heavy knee did that one :(

Sure...anything you need...lol

Nothing that crazy but it will "project" one way or another...lol

Not doing any modifications to the fiberglass. We talked about it but I did not want to go that route.

I still have those bumble bees for you....lol

I trust JP and what he is doing especially after taking care of yours. Pick it up tomorrow and hopefully will have SinCal, Nodigg and Deanne with me. If so we are going to go hang out in the channel for a bit. That would be around 6PM.

The funny thing is you are the 3rd person that has told me that :)

jk JP

Thats funny! Nodigg said he was hanging out with me.......:)sphss Maybe I should just come and hang out next to you so I can hear what you've had done...

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tom i think we have dinner plans not sure what time but if you will be in the Channel in the eve maybe we will walk down if time allows,i'd love to hear the system.
Don't forget to bring your IPOD!You'd be kicking yourself in the ass!
We decided not to drop the boat in. Will be down early afternoon to have a drink and maybe lunch.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats funny! Nodigg said he was hanging out with me.......:)sphss Maybe I should just come and hang out next to you so I can hear what you've had done...

Hmmmmm.......He had left a messgae for me to call him today prior to heading down so we could have a drink or hang in the channel for a bit.

Oh well............you can have pops!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hmmmmm.......He had left a messgae for me to call him today prior to heading down so we could have a drink or hang in the channel for a bit.

Oh well............you can have pops!

Talked to him last night. :)hammers You can have him.... He never knows what he is doing.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Talked to him last night. :)hammers You can have him.... He never knows what he is doing.
Naw....you take him....lol Someone has to look after him and it used to be a full time job with his alzheimers and drooling at the mouth. We just try to ignore all of that though :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts