Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
My neighbor out at fishers has a dual jet schaida , It is one of the nicest boats I have ever seen. Looks alot like the one in the video.

·
I do all my own stunts.
1,599 Posts
Theres a few dual jets out there.
1000 HP dual jet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUX347RsFGg

Thats my old family boat my dad (bobsnipper 110) put together. R & D made the drives and did all the rigging. Blown 572 and it took off amazingly hard.

the guy who we sold it too, is kinda a blowhard......with the videos...and posting it in HOTBOAT...:):)punch:):)punch.....IMO

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Thats my old family boat my dad (bobsnipper 110) put together. R & D made the drives and did all the rigging. Blown 572 and it took off amazingly hard.

the guy who we sold it too, is kinda a blowhard......with the videos...and posting it in HOTBOAT...:):)punch:):)punch.....IMO
Did your dad run two A impellers in it or smaller impellers? And how high did it rev? How did it pull the impeller load doubled up?

S CP :D

283 Posts
Ron Pace" Coach" and Harold Bruce did a 23 Renegade openbow about 6years ago with a dualdrive and Ron said it ran 65-70 and sipped gas like a baby at 4200 rpm max! They called it the ROCK GOBBLER cuz you could suck a bowling ball thru the grate.lol It was really cool.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
There is a Taylor that is running two jets I think in Texas but it also runs two 460 Fords!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did your dad run two A impellers in it or smaller impellers? And how high did it rev? How did it pull the impeller load doubled up?

no he has 2 c impellers

·
Registered
65 Posts
what kinda of numbers is this boat running or have they got it dialed in yet

no we dont have it dialed in yet we started with a 2 intake system because we already the hardware made for that setup and it had too much lift in between the intakes. so we pulled the intakes out and went with the larger single to dual intake that was originally designed for the system and we are currently designing hardware to fit then its off and testing again

·
I do all my own stunts.
1,599 Posts

no he has 2 c impellers
JR131, you and ur dad deserve alot of credit your system on our old 23 ultra, it was amazingly clean and worked awesome. craftsmanship was great. hopfully you guys get the race boat sorted out

-grady lakamp

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts

no he has 2 c impellers
Thanks,

So if I was to look at an impeller chart and if it takes 450 hp to turn a "C" impeller 5,000 would the duals absorb 900 hp at 5,000 +/- a few ? :)bulb

·
Registered
65 Posts
JR131, you and ur dad deserve alot of credit your system on our old 23 ultra, it was

thank you very much i wish you guys still had that boat john yieser
has been running that boat up and down the river for quite a long time and having a blast with it

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Thanks,

So if I was to look at an impeller chart and if it takes 450 hp to turn a "C" impeller 5,000 would the duals absorb 900 hp at 5,000 +/- a few ? :)bulb

no, because there is -some- power required to turn the mechanical device that transfers power from engine output to the pump input shafts. whether it's belt, gear or chain, there is -some- power required to turn it. i.e., it "might" take either 920, 950, or 1000 to turn those c's 5000... it all depends on what the drive requires.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
They did quite a big write up on that drag boat and the one in the youtube video in hot boat a couple years back before they changed publishers if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Its too bad you would post this. I have never met you. However I thoroughly enjoyed meeting your dad and very much enjoy the boat he built. You refer to me as a "blowhard" for publishing the amazing boat your dad and Harold built. I specifically made sure to give your dad credit in the magazine for his amazing creation. Not something I had to do. The fact that I have enjoyed He and Harold's creation so much and only have good things to say about it is no reason to refer to someone, in a derogative manner, you have never met, nor have any credibility in your statement. This boat is a blast to drive, and I can only hope that the effort I have put out to make it available to the magazines and videos will allow others to see the benefit of the hard work and commitment from people like your dad and Harold Bruce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUX347RsFGg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts