Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was in the Tri-State News this AM:

Boating Checkpoint Planned
TRI-STATE - The Arizona Game and Fish Department will be part of a multi-agency enforcement effort on the Colorado River system this weekend, checking for individuals operating under the influence (OUI).
Officials with Arizona Game and Fish, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office, the US Fish and Wildlife Service and Mohave County Sherriff’s Office deputies will be enforcing Arizona’s OUI legal limit of a .08 blood-alcohol content.
All boaters passing through the checkpoint will be subject to a systematic safety inspection this weekend. Operators will be checked for alcohol impairment, and all boats stopped will be checked for required safety equipment, such as proper life jackets and working fire extinguishers.
Additional multi-agency OUI checkpoints will occur on the Colorado River and its reservoirs throughout the boating season.
The Arizona Game and Fish Department encourages boaters to take part in a boating education class. Interested parties can look for available classes on the department web site, www.azgfd.gov.

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts

TRI-STATE - The Arizona Game and Fish Department will be part of a multi-agency enforcement effort on the Colorado River system this weekend, checking for individuals operating under the influence (OUI).
Officials with Arizona Game and Fish, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office, the US Fish and Wildlife Service and Mohave County Sherriff’s Office deputies will be enforcing Arizona’s OUI legal limit of a .08 blood-alcohol content.
All boaters passing through the checkpoint will be subject to a systematic safety inspection this weekend. Operators will be checked for alcohol impairment, and all boats stopped will be checked for required safety equipment, such as proper life jackets and working fire extinguishers.
Additional multi-agency OUI checkpoints will occur on the Colorado River and its reservoirs throughout the boating season.
The Arizona Game and Fish Department encourages boaters to take part in a boating education class. Interested parties can look for available classes on the department web site, www.azgfd.gov.
Where exactly is the question? UPper river? havasu? lower?

·
Registered
190 Posts
It is legal to do so if you choose.

I don't dispute that on any account, I love to drink just not when I am the responsible party in my boat or car.

I just believe, the one driving the boat has a duty, responsibility and obligation to there passengers and surrounding people and property. I personally just wait until I am done for the day, and then get my party on....no worries, no concerns other than the other idiots on the water drinking and driving.

Just my opinion, I may be wrong.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I don't dispute that on any account, I love to drink just not when I am the responsible party in my boat or car.

I just believe, the one driving the boat has a duty, responsibility and obligation to there passengers and surrounding people and property. I personally just wait until I am done for the day, and then get my party on....no worries, no concerns other than the other idiots on the water drinking and driving.

You can never expect people to live the way you do. I'll have a couple spread way out. Im in the grey area I guess you could say.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Doesn't really matter, drivers need not to drink.....bottom line!!!

A lot of people share your opinion.. Your beliefs though are just that "your beliefs." Shoving them down other peoples throats is a bit pompus.

So where's this checkpoint at?

RD

·
Boat Bling Distributor
66 Posts
a lot of people share your opinion.. Your beliefs though are just that "your beliefs." shoving them down other peoples throats is a bit pompus.

So where's this checkpoint at?

Rd

i-40 at the river az side i guess thats where the rest have been wait till about 3;00 po pos come out of moabi like a heard of turttles lol

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I bet also that it's in the same spot as "normal". Perhaps this time they'll check the people (boats) leaving the cove verus the ones on the way there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you a subscriber? I didn't see this artice on the web-site.

Is this the same publication?
http://www.mohavedailynews.com/

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
I bet also that it's in the same spot as "normal". Perhaps this time they'll check the people (boats) leaving the cove verus the ones on the way there.
Kinda hard to check the people that are from upriver from PC when the check is downriver. Its a "safety check" anyways. :)sphss

1 - 20 of 94 Posts