Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what ever you want to call it while boating under the influence. there may b a new law coming down the pipe (reinstatement of an early 90's law actuallly) which will allow the DMV to suspend your license if caught boating under the influence. my question is if you dont need a license to operate a boat how can they get away with suspending your shizz like as if you where operating a car on the road.

· Administrator
11,501 Posts
what ever you want to call it while boating under the influence. there may b a new law coming down the pipe (reinstatement of an early 90's law actuallly) which will allow the DMV to suspend your license if caught boating under the influence. my question is if you dont need a license to operate a boat how can they get away with suspending your shizz like as if you where operating a car on the road.
I think you answered your own question in the second sentence. :p

· Registered
363 Posts
I think what he is talking about, is the good ole boys in Sacramento are trying to resurrect the old law and have those suspensions reinstated.

· Premium Member
355 Posts
Suspend your license

Laser 23, there already is a handful of reasons you can lose your license not related to driving, case and point... Don't pay your child support, medical, seizures,...insurance....court order.... the list goes on....refuse blood test....etc....:|err

· Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,812 Posts
The "old" suspension for DUI on a vessel was actually an administrative policy, set by the CA DMV. It was challenged in court and the DMV policy lost.

It will now be set by CA state law, rather than just a policy. This is for California licenses only, at this point. There will be no effect on other states. However, a California driver may lose their license for a conviction in another state, due to the interstate violator reporting compacts.

· The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Laser 23, there already is a handful of reasons you can lose your license not related to driving, case and point... Don't pay your child support, medical, seizures,...insurance....court order.... the list goes on....refuse blood test....etc....:|err

forgot about all these reasons. i guess if this law is reinstated persons who get oui's are gonna be screwed for sure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.