Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Multi-Agency OUI Checkpoint Scheduled

KINGMAN, AZ - The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AGFD) will be part of a multi-agency enforcement effort on the Colorado River system this weekend, checking for individuals operating under the influence (OUI).
Arizona Game and Fish, the Nevada Department of Wildlife, the National Park Service and Bullhead City Police will be enforcing Arizona's OUI legal limit of .08 BAC.
The AGFD says all boaters passing through the checkpoint will be subject to a systematic safety inspection. Operators will be checked for alcohol impairment and all boats stopped will be checked for required safety equipment, such as proper life jackets and working fire extinguishers. The department is also advising boaters to review requirements in the regulations prior to launching any watercraft.
Officials added that additional multi-agency OUI checkpoints will occur on the Colorado River and its reservoirs throughout the boating season.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
BTW:
We had some drinks last nite with local LEOS and they said tomorrows Simi Valley DUI checkpoint will be in front of the Farmers insurance.

AND another checkpoint by the former K Mart.

Strategically pretty good spots IMHO.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
Location of Check Point

In the past the LEO's have set up a check point just south of the Topock bridge on the AZ side. They use a friends beach property to pull boats onto, it's the huge white home under the power lines and white pole that spans the width of the river. Just a heads up for all.

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
BTW:
We had some drinks last nite with local LEOS and they said tomorrows Simi Valley DUI checkpoint will be in front of the Farmers insurance.

I guess I will be staying home! :D

·
Just One More
1,092 Posts
BTW:

Question is, did the LEO's call a cab?

·
huh?
104 Posts
Got caught up in the checkpoint at Topock once last year. Did anyone see the guy in the old yellow Hallett mini daycruiser blow through it last year (first weekend of May)? We were just pulling onto the beach for inspection when we saw this guy take off, split a couple cops on jet skis, and then started *hauling* up river. Five minutes later he idles back into the checkpoint surrounded by cops on skis and boats and I thought for sure they were going to yank him out of the boat and drag him off. They cut us loose right at that point so we didn't get to see what happened.

Strangely enough, he pulled into the same launch ramp we were at later that afternoon so he obviously wasn't BUI but I still wonder how he got cut loose after running like that. Wasn't a newbie; you could tell he had been on the river for a lot of years by the skill he displayed maneuvering the boat through the marina and around other boats.

Anyone know the story?

Rob

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Safety equipment.....

Don't forget the THROW CUSHIONS!!............Seems like a common area of citations....Happy boating......MP

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I went through the one at Topock a couple of times last year and they never stopped me, I guess I didn't look like much of a threat.

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
BTW:

Checkpoints in Simi? I haven't seen a checkpoint out here in probably 10 years. Any particular reason why they are setting it up or do they have them every weekend now and I just haven't had the luck to run by one?

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope...I suspect Katherines Landing as they almost always have one the weekend before Memorial.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Went through one at Topac last year. I had been drinking N/A beer all day long and must of smelled like a brewery. Checked all the safety gear, made me do some field sobriety tests and then made me blow.. Surprised the cop when I blew a zero and sure did smell like I'd been drinking.:D

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
What does it matter? don't drink and drive and it won't matter if you get stopped???
Its not the not drinking, its the hassle. I know the LEOs are just doing their job, but it seems like everytime I've ever been stopped, land or water, there's been a hassle and I have never given less then the upmost respect & courtesy.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Its not the not drinking, its the hassle. I know the LEOs are just doing their job, but it seems like everytime I've ever been stopped, land or water, there's been a hassle and I have never given less then the upmost respect & courtesy.

Yep, me too. I blew a 0.00 two times in a row and the cocksucker went to his car to get another breathalizer unit. What a fuggin douche. The hassle part sucks and it pisses me off to say the least since I am always courteous and honest.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts