Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carson Man, 22, Killed In ATV Accident

DUMONT DUNES, Calif. Police say a Carson man was killed Friday when he was thrown from his all-terrain vehicle (ATV) after a crash at a sand dune park near Death Valley National Park.

Eberardo Gutierrez, 22, reportedly lost control of his ATV and was thrown from it causing a fatal injury Friday.

The fatal accident occured at Dumont Dunes, according to the San Bernardino County coroner.

The coroner said Gutierrez was wearing a helmet.

The California Highway Patrol and Baker Emergency Medical Services sent units to to the crash at 4:45 p.m., coroner's officials said.

Paramedics were unable to resuscitate Gutierrez and he was pronounced dead at 5:46 p.m.

The California Highway Patrol was investigating the accident.

·
1,278 Posts
I always wonder if the "helmet" makes a defference....lost friends with and without them.....But the always put that in the article.....
If you hit anything the wrong way, it just doesn't matter.....
RIP........

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
My thoughts exactly. Remember many years ago going to Glamis over July 4th weekend and had to swim in the canal to stay cool. Went because a buddy of mine convinced me that it was a good time to go.

kinda hot to be out their this time of the year

·
HELL OF A GUY
3,137 Posts
My thoughts exactly. Remember many years ago going to Glamis over July 4th weekend and had to swim in the canal to stay cool. Went because a buddy of mine convinced me that it was a good time to go.
we did that once,we only lasted 1 day,thats before the concrete canal,we sawm in the dirt one :D(1977 i think=old fart:D)all i could think was "this what hell is like";)

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
I still laugh at myself for going out there during the hot season. At night ended up sleeping under the truck since was a little cooler there.

we did that once,we only lasted 1 day,thats before the concrete canal,we sawm in the dirt one :D(1977 i think=old fart:D)all i could think was "this what hell is like";)

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
Yeah, I thought I would only make that mistake once....nope. I did Labor Day 2 years in a row out there about 10 years ago with no motorhome or trailer. The heatstroke and snakes cured me of that!! :)bit

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I'm not swimming in the canal, but the latest I ever went was in March and it was about 81 degrees. It was too hot in my book then for a ton of sand and no water. Last time I went after February.

The people who go ride in the summer really need to try the lake. There is a better way than duning in hell.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
This is the time of year evening / nite /morning rides are organized at Dumont.
Your RV AC's are full blast and your generator will be burning barrels of fuel.

We run a 12V swamp cooler in these conditions. Uses 6 gals of water a day.

BTW: Never, ever traverse the dunes at night in Dumont. Never.

The killer Razorbacks and witch eyes are murder even in daylite.

Be self reliant on getting your injured to help. Go to Vegas, skip Barstow or Parump hospitals.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
25+ years ago I did the same thing, probably Memorial weekend...that was the last time though. We'd pull a guy on a boogieboard in the channal with a quad and a regular ski towrope....until we saw someone elses quad get yanked into the drink by the boogie boarder.
Now I look at that water and can't believe we even dared to go in it:)sphss

·
HELL OF A GUY
3,137 Posts
25+ years ago I did the same thing, probably Memorial weekend...that was the last time though. We'd pull a guy on a boogieboard in the channal with a quad and a regular ski towrope....until we saw someone elses quad get yanked into the drink by the boogie boarder.
Now I look at that water and can't believe we even dared to go in it:)sphss
its just river water,(end of the river water):Dwhen it was dirt i drove my blaser into 1 day,i had a little to much to drink @17:mad:

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
its just river water,(end of the river water):Dwhen it was dirt i drove my blaser into 1 day,i had a little to much to drink @17:mad:
Back then you could see through the water, now it looks more like a foreclosed homes swimming pool :)eh:)
It's pretty gross looking these days.......not inviting at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts