Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 LB7 Duramax diesel is puking blue smoke at idle, and just off idle. I guess this is common on the Duramax due to leaking injectors, and because of the age and mileage no warranty. Dealer wants $4,500 to fix, $3,100 for parts only. So, anyone have a connection on injectors? GM part #97729095? Thanks, Steve...

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
My 2001 LB7 Duramax diesel is puking blue smoke at idle, and just off idle. I guess this is common on the Duramax due to leaking injectors, and because of the age and mileage no warranty. Dealer wants $4,500 to fix, $3,100 for parts only. So, anyone have a connection on injectors? GM part #97729095? Thanks, Steve...
how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thats about right $4000 installed, On my 3rd set now but the first without mfg warranty. I had a master gm diesel tech give me a quote outside the dealer and for a side job and it still comes out at 4gs. My best advice to you buy an aftermarket extended warranty and park your POS Chevy until the warranty takes affect (30days). Otherwise take advantage of the cash for Clunkers.;):)grn

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Thats about right $4000 installed, On my 3rd set now but the first without mfg warranty. I had a master gm diesel tech give me a quote outside the dealer and for a side job and it still comes out at 4gs. My best advice to you buy an aftermarket extended warranty and park your POS Chevy until the warranty takes affect (30days). Otherwise take advantage of the cash for Clunkers.;):)grn
c for c is for 99 and down vehicles, nothing newer than that;) he could go the aftermarket warranty route but there's no way he'll be able to get a extended gm warranty, you have to still be in base warranty to buy those.

still waiting to hear mileage, i may be able to help up to 150k, after that is iffy.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still waiting to hear mileage said:
I have 242k. The sad part is it runs great! Just smokes a lot. I've already done two sets of injectors under warranty, but it's 8yrs old with 242k miles and the dealer doesn't want to see me anymore. I found injectors on line for as low as $165. Got step by step directions, with pic's, from a duramax forum. So, I'm thinking what the heck, I'll tear into it!

·
Registered
406 Posts
i may be able to help up to 150k, after that is iffy.
I have the same problem, but an '02 with only 46,000 miles on it. GM told me to take a hike even though I was only 6 weeks out from the extended warranty deadline. Then I turned it over to my extended service plan, now they are trying to jack me saying my aftermarket cat back exhaust caused my injectors to fail. BS :|err and they will not cover the repair, but they have no data to prove this:p . Going the legal route if they wont step up.
So, how can you help?

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I had to do this about 6 mon. ago. I got the injectors online for about $180 each & had my mechanic install them. It still cost me about $3500 for everything.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
A buddy's went out at about 30k. Seems like a real problem for gm. Does anyone know what causes this, and if there is a REAL fix(not just putting in the same old part)?

Darrell.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just had my injectors replaced, 2nd set @143k 02 Duramax.
Couple months out of warranty F!
Nelson over on Diesel Place took care of it.
Runs the same just NO SMOKE.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Had my 1st injectors go out at 18,000. 2nd set went out at 22,000 which included blowing the motor. 3rd set out at 44,000. I tried the whole legal thing but once its out of warranty your focked. And GM does not care one bit all I do now is reply to there BS emails about buying more crap from them. Truck looks great though.:)st

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
I have the same problem, but an '02 with only 46,000 miles on it. GM told me to take a hike even though I was only 6 weeks out from the extended warranty deadline. Then I turned it over to my extended service plan, now they are trying to jack me saying my aftermarket cat back exhaust caused my injectors to fail. BS :|err and they will not cover the repair, but they have no data to prove this:p . Going the legal route if they wont step up.
So, how can you help?
don't bother i was in the midle of a all that with gm with my cts that through a rod at 39'000 miles since they filed bank ruptcy good luck

1 - 20 of 39 Posts