Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
if youre oil pressure ever dips and looks funny and its a older dmax, check the oil right away for diesel contamination and if you can smell it in the fuel, the injectors are leaking fuel into the crankcase and thinnin the oil. doesnt hurt anything really, seen em come in with motors flooded with deisel, tailgates dripping oil that was floated outta the motor by the thinnger oil(diesel).drop the drain plug and gallllllons of deisel will come out:)eh:)

·
Bah...
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's an 09 and I don't have 13k on it yet, it's always been around 20 at idle and maybe 35 rolling along hot. Cold it's up around 60. Oil looks fine and clean as can be. This was a huge investment for me so I think I'm going to pursue it with the dealer. My father has the same truck but he does'nt pay much attention to teh gauges it seems . :redface:

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
may have alil trash in the oil sender, but a huge swing from cold to hot should be expected, they have massive oil coolers on those trucks with large oil galleries in them so pressure will dive alot. there's a thermostat that opens when the thing is warmed up, prob what's scary'n you.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
It's an 09 and I don't have 13k on it yet, it's always been around 20 at idle and maybe 35 rolling along hot. Cold it's up around 60. Oil looks fine and clean as can be. This was a huge investment for me so I think I'm going to pursue it with the dealer. My father has the same truck but he does'nt pay much attention to teh gauges it seems . :redface:
. I have same everything as you and oil pressure is same as yours. My '02 maintained 60 psi.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
I'm not sure what the pressure is but my bother in law is having a hell of a time with "oil change" reading. Oil changes are only lasting a couple thousand miles. The dealer has run tests, sent the oil back to GM for more testing and notning. The dealship seemed helpfull at first, but now they are washing their hands of it. He go an email back saying that the sensor is registering correctly because most of their driving is around town. Not true, but that is GM's excuse.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I just purchased a 08 GMC Duramax and it runs @ 60lbs cold and will fall below 30 warm @ idle. It usually cruises about 45-50lbs warm. At first it seemed weird because i was used to my gas that ran @ 40+ all the time.. I have not yet done an oil change but i will be using the AMSOIL 15w-40 API CJ-4, it has about 63k miles.. I just wish it got better fuel mileage! -Eric

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Teague Custom Marine Home Page

·
Registered
526 Posts
07 Classic HD 2500, exactlly as your, was also worried at first, 50000 mile and no problems.....

·
Bah...
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After I get done with my winter vacation it should have enough miles to go to the royal purple treatment. My old 4.3 in my 98 work truck has almost 300k on it and never falls below 40 at idle and 60 rolling. I like to see oil pressure I guess, but from all the sources say it's fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts