Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just looked at this product, seems kind of expensive, when you can get Prestec 27x6 for $100 and it is a way easier application than this sunsheild. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I am very curious about this product. One of my biggest issues with the Duratec coatings is how much the sun fades it after a few years.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just looked at this product, seems kind of expensive, when you can get Prestec 27x6 for $100 and it is a way easier application than this sunsheild. Just my 2 cents

Well, since boats a cheap necessity... I'd save every fucking penny you can.
Christ... Oh, boy ... a couple hundred bucks... fucking woow.....
Wags

Don't buy this shit then

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am very curious about this product. One of my biggest issues with the Duratec coatings is how much the sun fades it after a few years.
Drag boat... built 08. Floor as when put down less scratches (not a product issue)
Drag app lication... in sun on race weekends
10 to 12 a year. So, nothing for pleasure boat time... but my experience.
Wags

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was just pointing out that the prestec that I use does the same thing and has uv inhibitors and doesn't yellow when it ages. And it's cheaper. Sorry if that offends you, for whatever reason

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fuck, Admin.... delete thread... I just was tryuing to fuckng point out something might be hlepful to anyone.
Wags

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just ball bustin....
I am pretty sure many were not aware of duratec to begin with.
Wags

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Info

Im going to need something soon. All info is good info, thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Im going to need something soon. All info is good info, thanks for sharing!!!
Schick you just might want to re- read that link about this product considering it actualy is a high bred Clear Gel Coat , and might i mention that after all is said and done ( for the best results Hawk eye Industries recommends ) that you should wet sand and buff ( polish ) like Gel which to me seems like a whole lot of X-tra work seeing that there are other products out there ( top coats ) that are water clear with UV qualties that i have had great success with . Wags ' please do not take this post the wrong way because that is not my intent even though i have been using Duratec products for many years now from there High Build Primers , Gel Coat , Buffing Compounds , etc , and just for shits and giggles here is a link to Duratec / Hawkeye Industries on how to apply there produsts ..................scroll down to ( 904-045 or 904-046 clear ) Duratec Polyester Hi Gloss Topcoat How to Apply Our Products

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I agree... the best results always come from the least effort.
Wags

Come on guys... I'm just fucking with you. I have experience with duratec in a race app... thats all... I just was sharing... I don't give a flying fuck who uses what.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
jerk

Wags might just be an ASS!!!!! Even when he's trying to be nice.....(The best results always come from the least effort)...... He sounds like a smart ass!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts