Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a late start, so we only made 4 or 5 pulls.

To get a base line we started with 27 deg timing. Carb jets 93 square. Pulleys, one to one = 5 lbs of boost. 4500 rpm max.

Last pull was 27 deg. 93 square, 8 lbs of boost. Dyno locked at 5500 rpm max.

Results as follows: 927 HP. Running rich.

Monday: More timing, probably up to 30 deg. smaller jets. 12 lbs boost and let the rpms run.

I want to hold the rpms to around 6500 but Joe says this engine will make more power way past that rpm.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
We got a late start, so we only made 4 or 5 pulls.

To get a base line we started with 27 deg timing. Carb jets 93 square. Pulleys, one to one = 5 lbs of boost. 4500 rpm max.

Last pull was 27 deg. 93 square, 8 lbs of boost. Dyno locked at 5500 rpm max.

Results as follows: 927 HP. Running rich.

Monday: More timing, probably up to 30 deg. smaller jets. 12 lbs boost and let the rpms run.

I want to hold the rpms to around 6500 but Joe says this engine will make more power way past that rpm.
How big is the engine?

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Yes. He says he knows you from "back in the day", like years ago.
Yes back in the 90's we did business. I apparently have had 6 or 7 on his dyno over the last 2 years. A 434 SBC that he dyno'd a few months back apparently really caught his attention. I look forward to working with him again.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
108 fuel. 540 CI, Dart block, Dart 345 complete CNC aluminum heads. Stainless inlet and inconel exhaust. Dragonslayer blower crank. Coated pistons. 2 1050 dominators. 1071 Littlefield blower, just rebuilt. Intercooler. Straub "top secret" cam. :)

Dyno today, I guess. Looking for 1100+ HP at around 6500 rpm with 12lbs boost and 28 or 29 degrees total timing. Headers are Basset big tube blower headers with slip in high po mufflers.

It's going in a 19' California Performance jet. Will need a new impeller, probably A or AA hi-helix race prepped. Pump blueprinted by Mike at Central Texas Jet. Mike's a young guy with a lot of pump knowledge that has just started his own shop. He has done work on by boats before and I've been very pleased with the work.

Hoping to see 120 MPH.

Anything else I missed? TJ

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
108 fuel. 540 CI, Dart block, Dart 345 complete CNC aluminum heads. Stainless inlet and inconel exhaust. Dragonslayer blower crank. Coated pistons. 2 1050 dominators. 1071 Littlefield blower, just rebuilt. Intercooler. Straub "top secret" cam. :)

Dyno today, I guess. Looking for 1100+ HP at around 6500 rpm with 12lbs boost and 28 or 29 degrees total timing. Headers are Basset big tube blower headers with slip in high po mufflers.

It's going in a 19' California Performance jet. Will need a new impeller, probably A or AA hi-helix race prepped. Pump blueprinted by Mike at Central Texas Jet. Mike's a young guy with a lot of pump knowledge that has just started his own shop. He has done work on by boats before and I've been very pleased with the work.

Hoping to see 120 MPH.

Anything else I missed? TJ
120 in a 19 GW... be careful.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
120 in a 19 GW... be careful.
As much as possible.

I will only do that speed under ideal conditions. An then, not very often.

Next winter we will put in a pop off valve. That's gonna require some fibreglass work.

Hope your not a beer drinker. That loud peddle seems to get pushed alittle more :cool:

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's the only drawback to owning a boat like this. Gotta go real light on the beers till she's on the trailer.

Separate note: "DYNO TODAY" that's a quote from Joe at Owens.

News as it happens, or when I know you will know. :)

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
That's the only drawback to owning a boat like this. Gotta go real light on the beers till she's on the trailer.

Separate note: "DYNO TODAY" that's a quote from Joe at Owens.

News as it happens, or when I know you will know. :)

Sumtimes on the ride to the trailer i'm like a horse headin back to the barn after a long ride

WFO :schreck:

LOL, Good Luck :thumb:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts