Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
They are here in Vegas and the word around town is STAY FAR AWAY from their motors. If you're just looking for parts, they have good prices.

·
Registered
629 Posts
They are here in Vegas and the word around town is STAY FAR AWAY from their motors. If you're just looking for parts, they have good prices.

I saw on E-bay once an ad of theirs talking about a CNC machine that trues up all their blocks before assembly. Did everything but main bore hone. Did deck heights, set the deck angle, even checked the lifter bores, all included in the price at no extra charge. Kinda sounded too good to be true to me????

Be good, Jim

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
A couple guys over on www.theturboforums.com are using their engines and are making over 1,000 hp with them with no problems!! Some guys have two years on them so far. Most likly the ones who blew them up are people who run a bad tune up and blame the engine builder......just my .02.

Travis

·
Registered
629 Posts
I am curious about this CNC machine they claim is used on EVERY block.
Anyone actually seen it???
The prices do look decent.

Be good, Jim

·
Just another Wannabe
1,200 Posts
I have used dyno-flo for quite some time now. I do not run their engines, but have purchased quite a bit from them, and did purchase one kit machined/ready for assembly. The measurements were true and consistant. Over the years I have done lots of work with them. Scot is a stand up guy. He knows his stuff and understands what it is to race on a budget. I have never had anything but great experiences with Scot. I have heard a few little situations where the front desk guys did not know exactly the part or shipped the wrong thing, but every time I have seen that personally, it was cleared up immediately. (Those things just happen.) He did call me when he first got the machine, and said it took quite a learning curve to get the machine programs and knowledge to get it running. I have not visited him since to see the machine run in person. I will do that in about 20 days.
And his prices are absolutely the best I have ever seen on Eagle, JE, Mahle, Dart and a few others.

·
655 Posts
I bought the 565 Dart short block from them. Nice piece. I went up to Henderson and picked it up & checked out the place. 14,000 sq. ft . facility. First class. I haven't fired it up yet. Maybe 2 more weeks.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
dyno-flo

i purchased a short block from scot and had a great dealing with dyno- flo. scot delivered what he said he would ,at the price he said he would and on time. not once but twice period.no B.S. he kept his word.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dan there was some good info on my dealings with them and wrong parts on H**boat. Heated enough where the kid joined. Lost money on the deal. Here were some of the ebay responses.

CONFUSED ABOUT AUCTION & PARTS-WRONG Item Sent TWICE-Painful 2 MONTH Transaction Buyer turbodutchess( 538) Jan-14-04 11:45 2442059458
Reply by dynoflo1: most difficult ebayer I have ever sold to. glad she is gone...bye!!!! Jan-15-04 19:15
Follow-up by turbodutchess: IN VIOLATION OF EBAY-LISTING WAS FOR ITEM THAT WAS NOT IN SELLERS' POSSESSION Jan-16-04 07:30

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM HIM!!!!! HE WILL STEAL MONEY E MAIL ME FOR MORE INFO Buyer tuscanigtsc2( 55) Nov-25-03 16:35 2434942619
Reply by dynoflo1: I HAVE NO IDEA AT ALL WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT .... MISTAKE???

(lost my money,) THEN ,SENT ME WRONG SIZE RODS. P.O.S. SELLER ! Buyer skippermoluccan( 40) Nov-01-03 20:10 2436553307
Reply by dynoflo1: completely incorrect. received rods bid on ebay, he ordered wrong rods Nov-02-03 09:40

Could provide better customer service, but doesn't. Poor business savvy. Buyer mopartodd( 34) Dec-09-02 08:15 1873207422
Reply by dynoflo1: hounded me everyday 1time he called 3 times in 20min i shipped within 24 hours Dec-13-02 21:21
Follow-up by mopartodd: Called on 2 seperate days. Wouldn't confirm shipment with tracking #. Dec-18-02 13:12

Items were listed as Quad4 connecting rods, when in Fact they were for a TwinCam Buyer fbod383( -2 ) Nov-21-02 11:37 1873054696
Reply by dynoflo1: buyer cant' read auction title let alone the descr nice start on ebay moron

customer service is not good, main studs and nuts were bad, won't buy from again Buyer kirker912( 53) Nov-01-02 17:06 1864474111
Reply by dynoflo1: he is a retard, i even sent him more parts free to help, but i still get blasted Nov-08-02 10:28

Pump arrived with rust, and oxidation. He said I need to clean it....

poor quality .seller has bad attitude.refunded money but did not refund shipping Buyer slcalddrag( 146) May-10-02 16:44 1804825633

sold me pont.rockers that were made wrong and knew it,also very rude ,ignorant Buyer donnie1972( -2 ) Apr-29-02 04:44 1806677659
Reply by dynoflo1: - 2 feedback, check the source, refunded money, rockers fine, he's a retard May-08-02 10:06
Follow-up by donnie1972: contact me for proof from cat racing that rockers are bad and so is dyno-blo

SLOW SHIPPING & SERVICE, E-MAIL REPLYS WERE RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS, DONT RECOMMEND Buyer badassmustangs1965( 68) Apr-15-02 16:31 1812529824
Reply by dynoflo1: shipped same day,, was happy w/us on 17th, whats up? copy of email avail to all

LIED 100% about cond. cost 85.00 to repair said I still got good deal DISHONEST obierno( 281) Dec-05-00 20:55 488967187
Reply by dynoflo1: BOUGHT USED PART AND REFUSED TO SHIP BACK FOR REFUND, WANTED TO COMPLAIN INSTEAD

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
I've heard both good and bad comments about Dyna Flow, but the same can be said about almost every big name production shop.
When I first started racing, I was using a big name shop not far from where I live. What I found out is it's much better to learn how to build your own engines than rely on a builder. Bottom line is everyone is human, but if a racing engine builder makes a mistake, it will more than likely end up your problem. If I were to use them, or anyone else, I'd buy the engine as a kit and assemble it myself.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I have had good and bad results from top drawer builders. Race motors are run on the bleeding edge, so there are going to be problems. What matters most to me, is how the builder treats me and handles those inevitable problems.

After reading the links that had replys from DF, I would be hesitant to get involved with them/him. Some smart ass, unprofessional remarks. Perhaps those are rare, somewhat out of context, etc. Most were years old.

Still, those things follow a businessman around.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Just call Groose in Lodi and be done with it! Joey is D MAN when it comes to motors;) I have called and talked to Scott and he was very nice and professional. Never bought naything from him but he did offer great customer service. Its very hard to please EBAY buyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I bought a motor from Scott. Drove out from Fresno to pick it up. I was all excited until I found out a women built the motor. I talked with her for some time. She started out as a box and ship person. Scott taught her the art of motor building. The motor that she assembled for me was a 540 cid Dart with eagle rotating assembly. The motor came with a package containing all of the parts and numbers. Everything except rod and main clearances. Here is where it all starts to go bad. I called Scott to get the info on the clearances. His disposition was unexpected. At first he was not going to give them to me. He said that he would have to go look them up becuase he didn't have my build sheet in front of him. I pressed him for the info. After I got the clearance info. I talked with several builders and they said that the motor would blow up. I had one of them dissasemble the motor to check the bearings. Keep in mind that I have not run this motor. I drove it home and then to a reputable shop in my area to have it checked out. What was discovered didn't surprise me for some reason. I spent 12k on that motor and I am starting over. I'm so tired trying to write all this that I'm going to stop. If you want to hear the rest you will have to send me a private message because I haven't decided what action I am going to take, if any at all with Dyno Flo. I also have not spoken with Scott since the tear down last Friday.

Geoff

·
Just another Wannabe
1,200 Posts
When this post started, I received quite a few e-mails and PMs about DynoFlo and if they even had the CNC machine in question. I spoke with him and he stated "The thing weighs 18,000 pounds. I can't move it. So come by and see." I decided to order a block from him with all the CNC stuff inside and out to see how cool the deal really was. The block showed up and I decided to take a few pictures. Clearanced, lightened, oil control adjustments, decked, bored, lifters indexed, etc.
And the thing measures out perfectly. I would say that he does have the machine.

He even wrote a little ditty to me on the side of the block in sharpie marker.

*edit* Now I have to build another boat for this to have something to go into.

·
Registered
70 Posts
stay away from dummy-flo

the reason he is so cheap is because he uses cheap chineese knock off's of name brand parts, such as eagle and scat...he did this to my dad...the story goes like this...my dad was building a 66nova drag car and went to scott and told him he wanted a 400 stroker and wants to make 600 ponies...so scott did it "notice scott will never look you in the eyes"...anyway dynoed the motor it made 594 ponies i forget the torque...anyway so my dad puts the motor in the car and he is trying to put the dizzy in, and the bastard refuses to go in...so he pulled the intake and lone behold there is a snap-on screwdriver in the lifter valley...this thing fit almost end to end...so he calls scot and says im keeping the screw driver...so my dad starts racing the car and problem number one the gear drive breaks and starts to wear into the block...then half season the cam goes flat...roller cam...so my dad finally says screw it im tearing this motor down gets to the crank and it has stress cracks in it...he never put the parts he "said" he was going to put in it...the guy is a joke...sure buy parts from him, but not motors...i mean when there is so much controversy about this one man why even risk it...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
stay away from dummy-flo

the reason he is so cheap is because he uses cheap chineese knock off's of name brand parts, such as eagle and scat...he did this to my dad...the story goes like this...my dad was building a 66nova drag car and went to scott and told him he wanted a 400 stroker and wants to make 600 ponies...so scott did it "notice scott will never look you in the eyes"...anyway dynoed the motor it made 594 ponies i forget the torque...anyway so my dad puts the motor in the car and he is trying to put the dizzy in, and the bastard refuses to go in...so he pulled the intake and lone behold there is a snap-on screwdriver in the lifter valley...this thing fit almost end to end...so he calls scot and says im keeping the screw driver...so my dad starts racing the car and problem number one the gear drive breaks and starts to wear into the block...then half season the cam goes flat...roller cam...so my dad finally says screw it im tearing this motor down gets to the crank and it has stress cracks in it...he never put the parts he "said" he was going to put in it...the guy is a joke...sure buy parts from him, but not motors...i mean when there is so much controversy about this one man why even risk it...
Eagle and Scat are very nice quality....not the Cheap CHINEASE stuff most refer too. As for the rest of the stuff....yup...sounds like all the storys I have heard.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
actually, I am a little confused by the post. Is he saying Scat and Eagle are cheap chinese stuff or is he saying Dyno-Flo is selling cheap chinese knockoffs as Scat and Eagle?. The only dealings I have had with Scott were back when he first started out and had a space at the Long Beach Hi Po swap meet, and he had the right parts for the right price with zero issuses. You don't grow from a spot at the swap meet to a 14,000 sq ft building by screwing too awfully many people. The word will get around. As for engine assemblies, I hardly trust myself, why would I trust ANYBODY else.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts