1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
where hp and tq meet
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a good link and good info.dont you think? and from a good website.

This is a dyno forum right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
LOL...boatgeeks...the blind following the blind...
you know what I don't hide behind multiple screen names as you guys did when you came over to Boatfreaks ,but instead of throwing rocks why don't you have your mods do a ip check to see if you are right instead of kicking a new member to the curb. Funny how you come over to our board and try to play nice then come over here and make poor out of taste coments about us Vindicator:)hand

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
you know what I don't hide behind multiple screen names as you guys did when you came over to Boatfreaks ,but instead of throwing rocks why don't you have your mods do a ip check to see if you are right instead of kicking a new member to the curb. Funny how you come over to our board and try to play nice then come over here and make poor out of taste coments about us Vindicator:)hand
Because we know that your grand leader over there is a computer wiz and can do things like come up with new IP addrsses. An IP check would mean nothing.
I've seen the cheap shots and name calling on other threads over there about me and Straub. I guess that's OK?
Maybe a little "what comes around, goes around"?:)hand

·
Registered
49 Posts
Because we know that your grand leader over there is a computer wiz and can do things like come up with new IP addrsses. An IP check would mean nothing.
I've seen the cheap shots and name calling on other threads over there about me and Straub. I guess that's OK?
Maybe a little "what comes around, goes around"?:)hand
cheap shots are fine when directed at each other but you are making them to all that are members over there. I am not stupid and i don't like someone calling me that, i will match engine knowledge with anyone here or there on any type of offshore type of power.

·
where hp and tq meet
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is from another site but good info.http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23440

A 396 and a 572 engine look the same from the outside. how would a dyno operator confirm with a engine that walks in the door.

Maybe some of you should try and read the link and see how some shops fudge dyno numbers instead of burying you heads in the sand. There is some very good info to be had. open your mind a little.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Maybe some of you should try and read the link and see how some shops fudge dyno numbers instead of burying you heads in the sand. There is some very good info to be had. open your mind a little.
Maybe you should just go away.

THE HORSE HAS ALREADY BEEN DEAD AND BEATEN OVER AND OVER.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Jeeze I get sick of this crap. Some shops rip people off also, ther are exceptions to everything and we don't need you to point it out to us. I am from neither camp but every time you post something it seems to have some hidden jab or agenda to it and then you act like what? Who innocent old me. Give me a break. Stop already and go back to your offshore forum. Believe it or not we do not need you to save us from the posse! Everyone gets caught up in it and it always turns to crap. We get it you don't like Straub and be damned your going to prove to the world that he is a bad guy along with Steele and a few others. Newsflash we get it, now go away!:|err

·
where hp and tq meet
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look at how you guys are posting, And i have a agenda? I only posted a dyno link info on a dyno form.

Do you guys treat all new members this way?

·
Registered
221 Posts
telling signs

The question posed has a very simple answer.

An engine's displacement can easily be determined by measurement.:)bulb

IF someone comes to a dyno test facility and tells the folks that he has a 396ci engine instead of something larger is only cheating himself (herself? or undecided?) because much of the potential dyno data relies on truth to reveal truth. ;)

However IF you have not a bit of faith in how dynamometer numbers are used, save your money and label your poorly productive engine whatever you wish it to be....This is America and certainly that wishing zone sill exists.

Way early an indication could easily be done after the first pull for record on a dyno. By calculating the BMEP (brake mean effective pressure) which is done in the following manner: BMEP = (T/ci) x 150.8

This stuff is somewhat like playing poker in that the numbers speak for themselves.

As in all things that are for the record, the truth shall set you free...Goodbye:)hand

Regards,
IG:)

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
There's nothing in the IP check to indicate a match to 5325user however there is a match to another existing member that hasn't posted in this thread. That match at this point is inconclusive of anything.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.