Discussion Starter #1
Hello People,

Has any one used this shop :secret:

Superior Automotive Engineering
761 Monroe Way Placentia, CA 92870

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had my motor dyno'd at westech, I've got nothing but good things to day about them. I have also had good experiences with Superior, nothing but good things there in my automotive experience....

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I had my motor dyno'd at westech, I've got nothing but good things to day about them. I have also had good experiences with Superior, nothing but good things there in my automotive experience....
Key word there is automotive.

I would leave take a car engine there too. I would leave the take a jet boat engine to Westech.

·
Banned
861 Posts
We've used Westech, Virbancic Bros, Speed-O-Motive and HP Engine & Dyno in San Diego. MANY engines for years. If I had to rate them from 1(best) to 3(worst) it would be Westech and Virbancic(dead heat @1), SpeedOMotve @2 (Dyno engines ONLY), and HP Engine @3.

Both Westec and Virbancic have treated us right and did a good job. So has SpeedOMotive in the Dyno room portion of the company. HP seemed to get lost changing Air Bleeds and the like, and seemed to waste a lot of time when on an hourly rate($$$) - not saying Jim was bad, just wasn't what we were used to. I don't think RiverRacer would spend his money there again.

Hope that helps. There are others we've had to use in a pinch, just won't mention them due to the multiple problems we encountered.

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
We've used Westech, Virbancic Bros, Speed-O-Motive and HP Engine & Dyno in San Diego. MANY engines for years. If I had to rate them from 1(best) to 3(worst) it would be Westech and Virbancic(dead heat @1), SpeedOMotve @2 (Dyno engines ONLY), and HP Engine @3.

Both Westec and Virbancic have treated us right and did a good job. So has SpeedOMotive in the Dyno room portion of the company. HP seemed to get lost changing Air Bleeds and the like, and seemed to waste a lot of time when on an hourly rate($$$) - not saying Jim was bad, just wasn't what we were used to. I don't think RiverRacer would spend his money there again.

Hope that helps. There are others we've had to use in a pinch, just won't mention them due to the multiple problems we encountered.
HP Dyno is no longer in San Diego, got bought out by Harrahs and moved to Reno. Jim's a nice guy... did machine work for him for years before he moved... just do not expect to get anything that will not be charged for. Even if you run 5 mins over... it will be billed... and he moves very very slow. Helping him put his dyno and room together was a lesson in patience.

I'd say top shelf guy... Steve @ Westech... but, though never used them myself, have heard good about Virbancic Bros.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Pfaff has a dyno, they are in Huntington Beach.. We have ran alot of stuff there, they also ordered a brand new state of the art dyno that should be up and running in the near future.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dyno

I also use Heads Up Performance in Fullerton. Just finished a day at the Dyno with my blown motor.Talk to Roger.
(714) 813-3491

·
CP-Carrillo
297 Posts
Thanks Guys

I think he's alright too

:)hand

C&J Engineering (John)
14130 E. Alondra Blvd. Suite J
Santa Fe Springs, CA

The guys pretty much summed up the local dyno facilities.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Hello People,

Has any one used this shop :secret:

Superior Automotive Engineering
761 Monroe Way Placentia, CA 92870
Willis ... you know the answer to these questions. Westech or Pfaff

When you need fuel, you know where to go then too

1 - 20 of 33 Posts