Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a new vacuum..to go along with our new Golden Retriever..are Dyson's worth the extra money? Does the Animal model pick up more hair than the standard version? Is there another vacuum out there that does as good of a job for less money? Thanks again, this is where I get all my advise on sex, money, boats, real estate and vacuum cleaners..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looking to buy a new vacuum..to go along with our new Golden Retriever..are Dyson's worth the extra money? Does the Animal model pick up more hair than the standard version? Is there another vacuum out there that does as good of a job for less money? Thanks again, this is where I get all my advise on sex, money, boats, real estate and vacuum cleaners..

I love, love , love my Dyson Animal ... it is definately worth the money!

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Animal

I love, love , love my Dyson Animal ... it is definately worth the money!
Is the animal worth all the extra money..I assume the motor and power is the same with a few more features. Will the cheaper one work just as well on dog hair etc..

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
If you ever have a carpet issue, don't tell the inspector or retailer you have a dyson because it will void the warantee on every major carpet mill that I know of. The beater bar goes so fast it has a tendancy to untwist the carpet fibers.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
We have the Purple Dyson.....not sure of the name. NOT sure if they are WORTH the extra $$$$$( never compared prices with other models).... but the thing is insane! We had to remove a foam gasket on the bottom, sucked so hard you couldn't push it in the think carpet. Pretty impressive!

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
YES....It is way worth it. I have one and can't believe the difference.

Just to make myself feel better I ran my old vacum first very deliberately. I then ran the Dyson and I could not believe how much other stuff...including dog hair it picked up. I was amazed because what it was picking up could not be seen by looking at the carpet.

Buy the animal one and you will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is the animal worth all the extra money..I assume the motor and power is the same with a few more features. Will the cheaper one work just as well on dog hair etc..

We had a "lesser" model Dyson to begin with and liked that one a bunch ... we took it to our home on the lake ... got the Animal for the house ... 2 long haired dogs and a cat ... and I could definately see the differnce the first time using it ... again, worth every single penny ... I know they are a little pricey, we ordered ours off the web site ... if and when this one wears itself out, I will replace it with exactly the same thing with out thinking twice about it ...

·
Stihl Kicking
415 Posts
i picked one up on craigslist for a fraction the cost of a new one.. works great.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Wife loves hers, had it a few years, and still loves it. The parts aren't cheap, so don't drop it. She broke a small chip off the handle, the whole piece had to be purchased for $95 or so. I just made do, and she's still happy.

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
Got one. Works great gettin the hair off the couch and bed. Pulls tons of dirt up from the carpet.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I bought the Animal off of Amazon, it was a factory refurb. It looked brand new, and cost half the price(350 shipped). It came with the same warranty as new as well. I don't have much carpet(hardwood and tile) and don't have to sweep, ever.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Awsome vacuum.. Amazing how much it pulls out of the carpet everytime you vacuum.. Have had it for probably close to 4 yrs now.. When we first got it, I vacuumed with the old vac. Then I went back over with the dyson and was amazed how much more came up....

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
We purchased the Animal and just for a test, I vacuumed our entire family room with our Sanitaire first then followed with the new Dyson. We filled about one third of the canister with just one vacuuming and I was sold on it's performance. I dumped the canister and decided to go back over it since it followed up the old unit with such a great performance. Very much to our surprise, we couldn't get another 1/8 inch in the canister no matter how much I kept vacuuming! I was blown away with it's performance so I purchased another for upstairs. These things are truly awesome vacuums!

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Animal Dyson

We purchased the Animal and just for a test, I vacuumed our entire family room with our Sanitaire first then followed with the new Dyson. We filled about one third of the canister with just one vacuuming and I was sold on it's performance. I dumped the canister and decided to go back over it since it followed up the old unit with such a great performance. Very much to our surprise, we couldn't get another 1/8 inch in the canister no matter how much I kept vacuuming! I was blown away with it's performance so I purchased another for upstairs. These things are truly awesome vacuums!
Are there a couple versions of the Animal? One version more powerful than the other or is there just one model Animal? On ebay there is a DC07 from a vacuum company, that is rebuilt from Dyson and comes with the original warranty for $299 and comes with a couple of different head attachments.

I also noticed there are 6 versions of the Animal, DC07, DC14, DC15, DC16, DC17 and the DC20. Which one do you get the best value. I have only carpet and tile, no hardwood..

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I've got the yellow one and the damn thing doesn't suck up anything anymore. I clean the hepa filter and still the thing doest work as good as my buddies 20 dollar pic n save special. I got ripped! :(

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Are there a couple versions of the Animal? One version more powerful than the other or is there just one model Animal? On ebay there is a DC07 from a vacuum company, that is rebuilt from Dyson and comes with the original warranty for $299 and comes with a couple of different head attachments.

I also noticed there are 6 versions of the Animal, DC07, DC14, DC15, DC16, DC17 and the DC20. Which one do you get the best value. I have only carpet and tile, no hardwood..
The purple one the DC14 is the one we purchased for each floor.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There great if you just want to keep up with the jone's, if you want the best vac for the money try a ''Dirt Devil''

1 - 20 of 28 Posts