Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The news was reporting that the newest reports on pork spending are in and rating the Congressmen on a scale of 0-100% where 100% being the best at not spending on pork and 0% the worst pork spenders.

McCaine 100%
Obama 10%
Biden 0%

And Obama and Biden are the ones who are going to reduce spending?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are also reporting that both Obama and Biden voted for the bridgr to nowhere in Ak. rather than use the money for Katrina relief.:)sphss

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
So if Earmark Spending is eliminated, whose gonna pay back Tony Rezko?????? He's got a lot invested in this race.:)devil

·
Drunk with power
227 Posts
They are also reporting that both Obama and Biden voted for the bridgr to nowhere in Ak. rather than use the money for Katrina relief.:)sphss
Whats even more funny is that they both voted for the bridge to nowhere TWICE!

Tax and spend liberals through and through.

U

·
0 Posts

Even funnier is that AL kept all of earmarked Bridge to Nowhere money. Heard a Republican from AL talking about the bridge this morning. People in the Ketchikan area are still pissed that this project got scraped. People have to take a boat to get to the airport, which is what the bridge was about.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Even funnier is that AL kept all of earmarked Bridge to Nowhere money. Heard a Republican from AL talking about the bridge this morning. People in the Ketchikan area are still pissed that this project got scraped. People have to take a boat to get to the airport, which is what the bridge was about.
I wasn't aware ALabama had a bridge to nowhere too. Maybe McCain will build one in AriZona, or the Clintons will build one in ARkansas...:)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please explaine how if they rejected the bridge that they still got to keep the money for said bridge. Did the dimowit congress just tell them to keep it.:)sphss If they had it would be all over the news to refute the fact that Palin vetoed it.:)bulb Do you use common sense when you think about these things.:)hand

Oh by the way Alaska is Ak not Al. Maybe you'll get it right some day.:)hand

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
I watched an older speech by Palin last night for when she was running for govenor and she was clearly in favor for the bridge before it got shot down my the rest of congress. She's bragging now that she vetoed it, but in the beginning, she was all over it.

Not hating, just stating facts like everyone likes.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Cmon John stay on topic and don't do what Obama does when he knows he's had(changethe subject) What is your oppinion of the OP or is it right wing spin?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The news was reporting that the newest reports on pork spending are in and rating the Congressmen on a scale of 0-100% where 100% being the best at not spending on pork and 0% the worst pork spenders.

McCaine 100%
Obama 10%
Biden 0%

And Obama and Biden are the ones who are going to reduce spending?
Is there a link to this? I would like to see it.

U

·
0 Posts
Cmon John stay on topic and don't do what Obama does when he knows he's had(changethe subject) What is your oppinion of the OP or is it right wing spin?
Maybe you should direct your comment to

:D

Sorry but what is the OP??

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I watched an older speech by Palin last night for when she was running for govenor and she was clearly in favor for the bridge before it got shot down my the rest of congress. She's bragging now that she vetoed it, but in the beginning, she was all over it.

Not hating, just stating facts like everyone likes.
There is a fine line between getting more facts and changing your mind and "flip flopping".

Bottom line is she started out with a weak position and changed her mind to a better one..

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
There is a fine line between getting more facts and changing your mind and "flip flopping".

Bottom line is she started out with a weak position and changed her mind to a better one..
Very true, just curious of her motive is all. Did she change her mind because it got shot down by congress and had no chance, or because she thought it out and figured it was nothing but pork?

All I'm saying, is no ones perfect. They (politicians) are all out for themselves. IMO.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is there a link to this? I would like to see it.
I have looked and can't find one. But I heard it 3 times throughout the day.twice on Fox and once on CNN. Fox even had adiscusion with a Rep and Dim analyst about it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts