Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the easiest route to tow a boat thru, going down next week to pick a family cruiser and was wondering which route is easiest going 5 over the grapevine(useng the trucker route)210 and out across the desert or going the lake havasu way and cutting down thru parker. i wont be towing anything going just coming back if that helps!!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
whats the easiest route to tow a boat thru, going down next week to pick a family cruiser and was wondering which route is easiest going 5 over the grapevine(useng the trucker route)210 and out across the desert or going the lake havasu way and cutting down thru parker. i wont be towing anything going just coming back if that helps!!

210 or the 10. Stay away from the 91& 5 interchange. It's always a mess. I do the drive after 8pm and cruise right through. Most of the time.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
210 or the 10. Stay away from the 91& 5 interchange. It's always a mess. I do the drive after 8pm and cruise right through. Most of the time.
so is the 210 way is faster than havi route?? it would be mid day when we pass thru either route going to and returning!!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
so is the 210 way is faster than havi route?? it would be mid day when we pass thru either route going to and returning!!

I'm not sure but I hate the 40 and the dive through BFE on the 58. It takes you 2 hours out of the way going to Havi from the 10 or the 17 to the 40 to havi.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I would just take the 10 west out of arizona to the 210 west through pasadena and continue on the 210 until it meets the 5 north to where ever you are going. Just be careful with your speed down the grapevine.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would just take the 10 west out of arizona to the 210 west through pasadena and continue on the 210 until it meets the 5 north to where ever you are going. Just be careful with your speed down the grapevine.
i thinks thats the route we are gonna roll....do they have those speed cameras going thru any of those areas??

·
Still Boatless :-(
552 Posts
Yea, I'd go that way, during low traffic times.

:)bulb

·
Registered
68 Posts
I drove up to n cal for 10 yrs hauling baby chicks , the route we followed was 10 to 30 to 215 to 15 to 395 to 58 to the 99 then if you need to go over to 5 n cut over at 46. had to keep rolling with live chicks in the trailer ,easy drive and miss L A freeways mabe 20 or 30 miles longer but miss the traffic and L A drivers .

·
Formerly CMac
140 Posts
Yep, 10-210-5, I did 95 once, never again.

·
suck my member
181 Posts
10/215/15/395/58/46/5 a little longer but you will avoid LA traffic for the most part.I have done this run (downtown SF to Phoenix and back) no less then 100 times.:)devil

·
Happy Member
1,399 Posts
Why go thru LA traffic ? Go 10 west to the 15, go north on 15 to Lenwood. Eat at Tommy's. Get back on the 15 for one mile, turn off on 58. Go on 58 thru Mojave and over to Bakersfield. Then 99 north, to 46 and then to 5. It is NOT LONGER. It's better.
Eat at Del Taco Unless you want the Tommies Poopies all the way HOME!!!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
i thinks thats the route we are gonna roll....do they have those speed cameras going thru any of those areas??

There are speed cameras on I-10 in AZ, and also there are usually several mobile photo radar trucks along I-10 in AZ so watch your speed... the good news in AZ is that you can legally tow at the normal speed limit intead of only 55MPH in CA.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
why worry about the speed camera's? The speed limit in Arizona is 75 and you should not tow anything at that speed to keep from losing a bearing or tire. Run 65 and keep your trailer in one piece. After towing boats cross country week after week I would rather tow a little below the limit and not have to stop to change out a blown tire or chain up a bad axel due to a wiped out bearing

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Why go thru LA traffic ? Go 10 west to the 15, go north on 15 to Lenwood. Eat at Tommy's. Get back on the 15 for one mile, turn off on 58. Go on 58 thru Mojave and over to Bakersfield. Then 99 north, to 46 and then to 5. It is NOT LONGER. It's better.
Agree with one addition, 10 west to 215 (San Bernardino), to 15 (devore)...no need to go 10 clear to 15...

I would not do the grapevine route from AZ.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts