Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody ever head up that way. i was thinking about camping up there for labor day but ive never been. Any opinions?

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Does anybody ever head up that way. i was thinking about camping up there for labor day but ive never been. Any opinions?
havnt been in awhile but we use to go about 3-4 times a year, go early if you are going (thursday) if u want a good spot! also check the water level it gets low fast...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a better spot you would recomend. Im starting to think with the lakes being so low im just gunna hit the river.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
what area do you live in?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i live in elk grove about 3 miles from garcia bend. i usually get out 3 times a week or so.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The way they keep sending all OUR water down to L.A. we might need to drive down there and launch in some of those pools. Even the river and Delta are running low. :|err

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
i live in elk grove about 3 miles from garcia bend. i usually get out 3 times a week or so.
your pretty close to sum good water, but how much remains to be seen....ever been to bullards bar resevoir? was up there last weekend to help my dad set up for work and they say they are at 73% full and yes there was alot of water. guess check out water levels before making any plans or if all else fails hit "da river" good luck with your destination

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i havent been to bullards yet but it is on the list. All in all you cant go wrong on the river tho

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
nice and clean, small. Good for low freeboard boats.

but its in the middle of BFE and there are virtually no facilities. There is a small town (i.e. two buildings) ;) outside.

No reservations, get there early for a good spot.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
nice and clean, small. Good for low freeboard boats.

but its in the middle of BFE and there are virtually no facilities. There is a small town (i.e. two buildings) ;) outside.

No reservations, get there early for a good spot.
that about sums it up..lol...didnt take the boat this trip my dad is up there 2-3 months so ill be draggin up it next time to get a better look that place!:D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where is bullards? have any of you been to englebright?

·
Registered
87 Posts
East Park

We went 2 weeks ago, and the water level was fine. It is first come on camping. First time there for me and it was good. The wind did come uo and make it pretty choopy in the afternoon for a flatty, but there were only a few boats at a time on the lake. I'll go again.

Went to Pedro last week and it was pretty low, but plenty of open water. WAY choppy all weekend. Limited time for speed runs for sure.

Have fun!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sweet. Im heading to the sonora pass area next week for three days with the boat and wasnt sure where to take it. theres Don Pedro but on the map theres another lake called new melones lake, has anybody ever gone there?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts