Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
you guys do the math, i'll build the system on paper and let's compared 1500hp/1500ftlbs to each other:

pair of these ic's for 400.00 , which is wayyyy overkill and will make super low iats!:)grn expect 70* iat's with ics this big on a bbc:

850 quickfuel ban blow thru purpose built carb straight from qft bout 700.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Quic...mQQptZOther_Vehicle_Parts?hash=item518fc3df2e

fuel pump to feed the blow thru carb, this 1 is overkill but that's a good thing;) , the pump works, i know and have talked to guys running it, obx belt drive 179.00 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2a03e0e8cd

13202 regulator, the top diggy dog in blow thru fuel pressure control! 159.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aero...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5638c3b92b

pair of s475 turbs that will produce up to 2200hp and ftlbs, 1250.00:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genu...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e59e550b7

great CHEAP wastegate we've been having great luck with and its huge, plenty to realllllly control boost! 160.00 a pair, fully ss other than valve head!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/60MM...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item58856d0264

50mm blow off that works great, copy of the tial q valve basically but 1/4 the price! 50.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/51MM...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

carb hat, can be picked up used for around 150.00ish i like the ev pro hat or the csu hat, they're both really tall and the taller the better, its straightens boost flow thru the carb and makes tuning a breeze

buy a set of unchained ss headers from mark for around 1650.00 new, badassssss headers!!!!

13202 aeromotive regulator from ebay new :159.00 bucks
ok, that's at least 1500hp set-up right there built from ebay, suxxxx on dattttt

Attachments

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4859 is what i came up with. if someone wanted to upgrade the carb later on, this same system will put down anywhere from 1800-2000hp depending on the longblock its on. c&s makes alot of different carbs, 1600.00 buck for that carb isn't horrible considering its almost 90% tuned in when ya get it:)bulb the qft 700buck carb will be alil fat at wot, but that's nothing some hsab changes won't cure;) the qft carb is limited by the fuel bowl volume, put some dual needle and seat bowls on it and for 1100 total it'd prob do 1800hp pretty easy.

·
Distinguished Member
5,781 Posts
Was kinda hoping this thread would take off. OK, so $4859 + a decent long block will get you 1500 HP. Does that include all the plumbing/bracketry to install it? If not, how much does that add?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was kinda hoping this thread would take off. OK, so $4859 + a decent long block will get you 1500 HP. Does that include all the plumbing/bracketry to install it? If not, how much does that add?
coldside plumbing stuff is pretty cheap man, figure bout 200ish for piping/silicone couplers/t clamps. the turb braces are custom made, you'll have to fab those up. the stuff i posted up isn't the best stuff, its just stuff i've personally either used or know someone 1sthand that has. it all works, even though some of the stuff is cheap. none of the things that matter are though;)

·
New here
4,219 Posts
BTW, how about an update on your LS1 build - either here or on the orig thread or PM. Or, maybe you updated and I missed it?

Anyway, on this hat, is the top port just for boost gauge probably? or do you blow some water/meth in there for added cooling???:)bulb

EDIT: I guess it would actually be more for plumbing to the wg(s), fp regulator(s) and such that are boost-referenced.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
that's the blow off valve, the top port is the only connection to be made to it, you just hook it up to manifold vaccuum. when the motor is in boost, the blow off valve stays shut and when you chop off the throttle, the intake goes into vaccuum which in turns sends a vaccuum signal to the blow off valve and opens it, venting boost to atmosphere.

yeah, i've updated the mighty mouse thread recently, bout it.got tired of the naysayers saying its not gonna work, so i've had the "watch me" attitude about that project:p
http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=52306&page=5

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
all of those parts look pretty damn good to me:)bulb

thats not alot of money for the power ratio.

so what kinda mill would you go with?

Heads,Cam and so forth,that stuff adds alot to the price

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all of those parts look pretty damn good to me:)bulb

thats not alot of money for the power ratio.

so what kinda mill would you go with?

Heads,Cam and so forth,that stuff adds alot to the price
decent alum heads and a off the shelf turbo cam that peaks whereever ya want it to would be fine, it doesn't take much of long block to get to 1600-1800hp with turbos, the shock just isn't there like nitrous or blown.you can look at mark's dyno pulls and see where he ran outta cam, if he had more cam it would've kept pulling. we cammed billy's 496 to pull to 7500 peak, just a lunati turbo cam with dart pro1 345cc heads.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
that's the blow off valve
Ah. I thought it was listed saying hat.

I thought it looked kinda small, although hard to scale it without something to reference next to it.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
decent alum heads and a off the shelf turbo cam that peaks whereever ya want it to would be fine, it doesn't take much of long block to get to 1600-1800hp with turbos, the shock just isn't there like nitrous or blown.you can look at mark's dyno pulls and see where he ran outta cam, if he had more cam it would've kept pulling. we cammed billy's 496 to pull to 7500 peak, just a lunati turbo cam with dart pro1 345cc heads.
okay would a say 468 bbc with some iron heads make any power.

say the heads were 781s with the normal bigger valves,bowl work only and port matched to the intake.

tall single plain dart or victor.

turbo cam.

what kinda power would that produce,im sure heads would hurt it?:)bulb

·
New here
4,219 Posts
okay would a say 468 bbc with some iron heads make any power.

say the heads were 781s with the normal bigger valves,bowl work only and port matched to the intake.

tall single plain dart or victor.

turbo cam.

Impatient will have much more insight, but I can tell you that turbocharging pretty much ANY combination will add significant HP/TQ. Look at the Buick V6s. Nothing special. No AL heads or anything. Any type of boost adds HP, however slight. That is just simple VE (volumetric efficiency). Doing it SAFELY is the key. Plenty of fuel and very accurate ignition timing. Intercooling as well.

The other reason turbos SPECIFICALLY add significant HP/TQ is the fact that they don't require ANY power to drive. Supercharging, while still great, REQUIREs power to drive them.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Impatient will have much more insight, but I can tell you that turbocharging pretty much ANY combination will add significant HP/TQ. Look at the Buick V6s. Nothing special. No AL heads or anything. Any type of boost adds HP, however slight. That is just simple VE (volumetric efficiency). Doing it SAFELY is the key. Plenty of fuel and very accurate ignition timing. Intercooling as well.

The other reason turbos SPECIFICALLY add significant HP/TQ is the fact that they don't require ANY power to drive. Supercharging, while still great, REQUIREs power to drive them.
:)devil that about says it all. alum heads are more for weight and modern design etc.. but cast will get er done too.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Power level greatly would depend on what kind of boost you plan on running / are capable of running.

If building the motor FOR turbos, you can run pretty much whatever boost you want - as long as it has an intercooler to prevent detonation.

If simply ADDING boost to an already built motor, much more care must be used. Static compression is usually higher than what is safe for moderate boost levels. Port flow can cause moderate boost to "back-up" in the ports. Everything must flow smoothly to keep the boost cycle efficient. Exhaust restrictions are equally hurtful, since the IN has to work hand-in-hand with the OUT.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it'll just detonate quicker with cast i'm sure, so instead of getting away with pumpgas say at 18lbs, it'd prob only go 16lbs with cast heads. either material head will make huge power, just use some sce titan headgaskets to keep em sealed up. the titans have a ss firering made into them so even if the heads lift, it shoves the ss wire deeper into the copper sandwiched headgasket and just seals up the heads even more, pretty neat headgaskets.

·
Grow it,Burn it,GO FAST !
51 Posts
Great thread !

Is there a belt BBC Mounting/Drive kit available for the OBX fuel pump available or adaptable ?

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
So who has a brand new box of broken parts? The recipie may be simple, but getting there is not. At best your "time bomb tom" motor will be short lived using low end, untested for the application parts.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So who has a brand new box of broken parts? The recipie may be simple, but getting there is not. At best your "time bomb tom" motor will be short lived using low end, untested for the application parts.
you're a dick:)bulb

1 - 20 of 25 Posts