Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Abnormal Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys need a little help here. I have a buddy that is putting a Edelbrock TR2X tunnel ram on his BBC. The manifold has the bolt holes drilled for inline carbs. Problem is that the Holley 850 Double Pumpers That he has won't fit inline on the manifold and you can't turn them sideways because there is no bolt pattern for that. There is no way to re-drill the top to make a sideways mount bolt pattern. Any Ideas on adapters or what carbs he needs to make things work. Need to stay with the 850 cfm carbs so 660 center squirters are out.

I suggested double sided tape, epoxy or welding the carbs to the manifold, buddy doesn't think any of those suggestions are viable.:D:D

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Edelbrock part # 2694 is an adapter to mount carbs sideways on a tunnel ram, they come as a pair when ordering.

·
Abnormal Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like your ideas, but how about another intake??
He had another intake on it and switched to this one. because he likes the mixing chamber on it. So getting him to change it back or to something else is not the direction he wants to go.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the adapters. That is just what we are looking for.
Your quite welcome, just went through the same deal trying to mount a couple of DP's on a late model BBC Edelbrock tunnel ram. Those adapters are only a little over a half inch thick, and are made specifically for that application.

·
Abnormal Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your quite welcome, just went through the same deal trying to mount a couple of DP's on a late model BBC Edelbrock tunnel ram. Those adapters are only a little over a half inch thick, and are made specifically for that application.
Yea read up on them on summit and that was just what we needed.
Got them ordered today and should be good for the weekend.

Thanks Again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts