Performance Boats Forum banner

EFI / MFI pro mod

Tags
efi mfi mod pro
3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Infomaniac 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I was considering the same thing. MFI or N2 fuel fogger nozzles with the EFI. The mechanical fuel will be a given and the EFI fuel will fine tune it.

Saves from having giant EFI injectors or banks of them. $$

#6 · (Edited)
That's what I thought.
You could buy a complete MFI system for what one set of 500# injectors cost.

I see where they don't turn on the solenoids for fuel from the mechanical system until 200' down the track.

#8 ·
That is also interesting since EFI is a regulated fuel system and MFI is not.

You wouldn't have to be too concerned about a fuel curve with the MFI since the EFI would read what came out the pipe and add where it needed. The MFI system would need to be setup so that it was always adding less fuel than the engine really needed. It could supply like 80%.
Since the EFI system would already have the fuel pump and throttle bodies it seems like adding the MFI to it would only involve the barrel valve, lines and injectors, and a set of solenoids that the ECU turns on at a particular throttle position, rpm, or load.
What would those MFI components cost ?

#4 ·
Can you run efi in pro mod ?

#7 ·
Dammit!!! You turbo heads never stop thinking do ya. Just kidding, Ron, Haas and Eric all have me looking to the other side of the fence. You guys have your $hit together, and Rons boat is the only one Ive seen that only needs power for about a third of the track!!!:))THumbsUp:happy:

#9 ·
MFI components are cheap. The injector hat is what is most expensive. And it's not needed.

The only reason I was considering it, is my injectors will not support what the turbos can put out. They support where we run it no problem but who knows what opportunity could arise to use more of the power.

#10 ·
It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to have a program that ran lower boost on just injectors as well as another program that pulled in the MFI system after the boat got off the start line for higher boost.
The EFI would learn where the fuel curve needed more to assist the MFI system.

It would blend the positive aspects of both systems and remove the negative aspects of both systems.
Of course the EFI system would still look like an electrical and plumbing nightmare.
The MFI system would no longer look cool without the injector hat. :)sphss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.