Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to check EGT senders?

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
There is no sender Steve.
It's just two different kinds of wire twisted together.
When you heat it up it puts out different voltages.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have called them thermocouples, I get no reading on my gauge from either side.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
kinda off subject, but not really:D does anyone know of a backpressure gauge stout nuff to just screw into a manifold and leave it? i'd like to put a backpressure gauge in 1 of my manifolds and have it so i can see it. no idea of where to get something that'd hold up. i use my compression gauge on cars at the o2 locations, but that's low heat and pressure.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
kinda off subject, but not really:D does anyone know of a backpressure gauge stout nuff to just screw into a manifold and leave it? i'd like to put a backpressure gauge in 1 of my manifolds and have it so i can see it. no idea of where to get something that'd hold up. i use my compression gauge on cars at the o2 locations, but that's low heat and pressure.
I use an old oil pressure gauge but have it on a length of copper tubing away from the headers. 1/8 npt check valve.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
I should have called them thermocouples, I get no reading on my gauge from either side.
Some times with electronic displays, the two wires getting crossed will cause issue. Never seems to be an issue with cheap ole analog guages. As Mark said, a digital ohm meter will show a voltage as it heats up. Check the splice connections, make sure the insulation is not crimped in the connection, and the connections are tight.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I use an old oil pressure gauge but have it on a length of copper tubing away from the headers. 1/8 npt check valve.
thanx mark, nutha great idea from a yankee:D:)devil

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Well........isn't anyone going to comment on my dipstick ? :)bulb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts