Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Cocoloco
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wasn't someone looking for these a while back? I just ran into guy who has a set of 8-1 Hookers with evac port and they are beautiful. They sound like a Ferrari coming down the river. They were $9,000.00 to have custom built by Hooker. He will part with them for $3,000.00. I just thought I recalled someone wanted them. I took a magnet to them yesterday, not aluminum. Kids!
OK I got pics for everyone. I AM SO F--KING PISSED WITH THE A--HOLE WHO IS PISSING ON THIS KID ON THIS SITE SINCE I PUT THESE HEADERS UP FOR HIM. HE IS A GREAT KID, HE TAKES CARE OF HIS QUADRIPLEGIC BROTHER 24-7 AND HAS HIS OWN YOUNG FAMILY TO SUPPORT AND RAISE. THIS JACKASSRACE HAS SOME BONE TO PICK OVER NOT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD THE BOAT AND HEADERS SO HE IS PISSING ON THE KID. ABOUT AN A--HOLE AND A HALF IN MY BOOK.

Attachments

·
Cocoloco
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
quote=the General;3747977]Aluminum?[ quote] Yeah I wondered about that so I went by his place yesterday and took a magnet with me. Obnoxious one asked the same question when I saw him yesterday. He made a good point. Exhaust gas is 1,300 degrees and aluminum melts at 1,300 degrees. DUH! I was thinking maybe they were jacketed or something so I took a magnet and had a look. They are in super condition,a little ding you can see, no dents or rust.

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
When that kid listed the boat for sale less motor.....I think for $4,500, I was very interested....until he said inside was all rhino-lined. Sounded like he REALLY wanted it sold, cuz a few days after listing he said he'd throw those headers in as well. Apparently he didn't think they were worth that much. What do you think they should REALLY sell for? Jocko

·
Cocoloco
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I know.

quote=brockkeenan;3748658]I saw them on CL for $1300 in Parker...[ quote] The boat isn't Rhino lined. I had Hooker build me a set of upswept BBC dragster headers before they were something they built, cost me $6,700.00 in 1980. Ultimately Hedman went to market with them first. The kid has since realized he is holding a rare commodity. Seems someone tried to hustle him out of them for cheap $1,000.00. He decided to keep them, suspect he was getting hustled. Then he asked the person he got them from where they came from and now he knows what he has. So IF they were $1,300.00 you should have jumped on it. I frankly don't have a horse in the race. I just saw them and knew somebody had advertised to buy some a while back. I have benefited from good guys here doing the same thing when they saw a CL deal or EB deal and passed it on. But I guess in some peoples minds everything is a stroke. Lates...:t_lowblow:

P.S. He has four sets of nice headers for boats all BBC. So he really doesn't care about selling things, hes a self proclaimed hoarder and his shop looks like it.

·
Cocoloco
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What they are worth!

quote=jockorace;3748578]When that kid listed the boat for sale less motor.....I think for $4,500, I was very interested....until he said inside was all rhino-lined. Sounded like he REALLY wanted it sold, cuz a few days after listing he said he'd throw those headers in as well. Apparently he didn't think they were worth that much. What do you think they should REALLY sell for? Jocko[ quote] What are they worth? That would be up to whoever wants or needs them. Frankly having heard a set on the river before they are pretty bad ass. I would value them on availability and what a new set costs. I think a new set is $5,000.00 if they still make them and how many have you seen for sale on this site? This set? I been on here four years and its the first I've seen. So I think he's on the dollar at $3,000.00

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
CocoLoco.........you're dreaming if you think these headers are even worth $1K! It should also be pointed out that these are NOT 180 degree headers. Look closely at the pic of them standing up on the floor. The primaries from each side simply dump into a crude (IMO) BOX collector. True 180 degree headers cross-over some primaries from one side to the other sides SEPARATE collector.
And....these rediculous prices being thrown around ($5k...$9K!) for a set of non SS custom headers. OK.....sorry for the thread jack. I'm done here, Jocko

·
Cocoloco
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The kid told me about you...

I will do you the courtesy of not repeating what he said about you. He told me about your dealings with him. It is evident from your attempts to sound like an impartial observer he is spot on about who and what you are. Just because you couldn't steal the boat from the kid like he was an idiot or wrangle the headers from him for nothing you want to piss all over him on this site. That is just plain bullshit dude. I also know about the business side of it with his dad. So don't get on this site and vent all your frustrations over not having the money to buy the stuff by acting like you are some impartial person just throwing in your two cents. Mouser is probably the most reliable person here on value and he couldn't give a shit less about somebody else's deal. I just threw these out there on the site to help the guy who was looking for them a while back, the price is the kids. From what the kid told me, maybe you better just forget him, his dad and messing with him. Go lick your wounds and leave him alone. Anyone wants the headers, which are not junk and I know what it costs to have Hooker build headers for me custom, just make an offer and I will pass it along. The kid is gun shy on this site since his dealings with people like this.

·
Registered
397 Posts
CocoLoco.........you're dreaming if you think these headers are even worth $1K! It should also be pointed out that these are NOT 180 degree headers. Look closely at the pic of them standing up on the floor. The primaries from each side simply dump into a crude (IMO) BOX collector. True 180 degree headers cross-over some primaries from one side to the other sides SEPARATE collector.
And....these rediculous prices being thrown around ($5k...$9K!) for a set of non SS custom headers. OK.....sorry for the thread jack. I'm done here, Jocko
I was going to say the same thing, mild steel and not 180 degree headers. nice flat though

·
Cocoloco
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never said they were 180 headers!!!

Someone asked if they were 180, I never said 180 or even answered the question. I figured the pictures would answer the question. So everyone just relax. I tried to help a nice kid, help a guy who wanted a set of these earlier on the site and all I got was attacked for it. I guess my estimation of this site is a little high. I always thought everyone here wasn't a parts store and we all just kinda passed parts and parts where abouts around. I guess that is just too simple and straight forward for some people. Have a nice day.:)

·
Cocoloco
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never said they were 180 headers!!!

Runnerbottom asked if they were 180. I never answered, I just posted the picture which clearly demonstrates they are NOT 180 HEADERS! LOL This is turning into a f--king soap opera. I'm outta this.:)hand

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
CocoLoco,
you really need to hit reset and chill out. I never had ANY dealings with this kid. I and others requested pictures of the inside condition of the boat. We were informed that it was coated with something (possibly rhino-lined). At that point myself and others posted they were then not interested. I've never bashed this kid (like you're now doing to me!).
Here's my point.....I will comment and respond when something rediculous is posted, and a $9K cost to build headers is just that. And you're talking out your ass when you state what you think I can or cannot afford. You obviously don't know me, particularly on this Forum. I stand by all of my previous posts on this thread. So please stop with the childish name calling. If you still think I'm an asshole, you're certainly entitled to your opinion however I challenge you to start a thread asking everyone what they think of me. Jocko

·
Registered
441 Posts
Jocko has helped me out on here numerous times...

Really if you are questioning anyone about money on here and they own a v-drive they are not poor by any means.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Why is it that all of culo's threads turn into a shit fest? Anytime someone questions him he goes off the deep end. What a drama queen.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts