Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
week ago friday late afternoon 9 of us went into g bros seated outside on patio no service for several minutes, asked whats up said my wife was not dressed appropriatly. she had shorts on and a full coverage bikini top. i mean we were boating???? we left, not a big deal but seemed silly and would've spent couple hundred.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
My nephew had his luggage stolen and had no extra clothes anywhere, he was on a road trip, all he had was what he had on, (cut off denim shorts and an old wore out tank top, it was 8:30 at night, went to an Applebees to eat and they wouldn't serve him because of his apperance, this was an Applebees for crying out loud, I didn't think for a minute that that sort of thing went on there.

It seems some people take it too far at times and not far enough at others...Makes it hard to tell where we "belong"..just saying.

GT

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
week ago friday late afternoon 9 of us went into g bros seated outside on patio no service for several minutes, asked whats up said my wife was not dressed appropriatly. she had shorts on and a full coverage bikini top. i mean we were boating???? we left, not a big deal but seemed silly and would've spent couple hundred.
Perhaps pasties would have been more appropriate? :D

On a serious note. Not sure why or how it's a health issue, but the old "no shoe's, no shirt, no service" still applies anywhere. You'd think a place like that, or any restaurant with a dock outside would have slightly different guidelines. Not the case though. Oddly enough, you don't need pants, seriously. Had your wife had bikini bottoms and a t-shirt... Usually no problem. It's odd, but it is what it is. Wacky society we live in. :)sphss

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

On a serious note. Not sure why or how it's a health issue, but the old "no shoe's, no shirt, no service" still applies anywhere. You'd think a place like that, or any restaurant with a dock outside would have slightly different guidelines. Not the case though. Oddly enough, you don't need pants, seriously. Had your wife had bikini bottoms and a t-shirt... Usually no problem. It's odd, but it is what it is. Wacky society we live in. :)sphss
granted... but last year was not a problem. next stop at windmill was not a problem, tower park etc... and i could see it more inside but not on the patio. oh well theres plenty of places to get a drink (i mean directions!) on the delta;)

·
Registered
474 Posts
:D

LOL, my thoughts exactly!!!

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
That is bullshit -- I hate snobby restaurants - last time i checked my money spent the same as Bill gates ?

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
That is bullshit -- I hate snobby restaurants - last time i checked my money spent the same as Bill gates ?
Would/should (not) be the same at any restaurant, unless the people working there are young kids who are afraid to enforce the rules. Not sure if it's a law or not. Even the Virgin Sturgeon, a well known bar/restaurant in Sacramento, wouldn't let me and a girlfriend in for the same reason.

Shall we contact our congressman to pass a "close to the water, swimsuit required" bill? I'd support it.

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
Would/should (not) be the same at any restaurant, unless the people working there are young kids who are afraid to enforce the rules. Not sure if it's a law or not. Even the Virgin Sturgeon, a well known bar/restaurant in Sacramento, wouldn't let me and a girlfriend in for the same reason.

Shall we contact our congressman to pass a "close to the water, swimsuit required" bill? I'd support it.
so long as some of those congresswomen stay clear of the restaurants with the swimsuit required rule :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts