Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I would like to know when the last large reservoir was built in this dim controlled state. And if anyone with half a clue in Sac. thinks it may be a good idea to possibly think about increasing the states capacity to capture and hold water for times like these. How green is piglosi's lawn?

·
Still on Doubles
144 Posts
Lake dredging

Pelosi probably doesn't have a lawn just like Brown. I was wondering why we don't excavate the lakes when thy are low. It seem s there are on many lakes shallow areas that go on forever. I know its probably a $ thing but just wondering.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would like to know when the last large reservoir was built in this dim controlled state. And if anyone with half a clue in Sac. thinks it may be a good idea to possibly think about increasing the states capacity to capture and hold water for times like these. How green is piglosi's lawn?
Diamond Valley was finished in 2003, one of the largest reservoirs in so cal, I don't know if it was the last one though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The recent dam to be rised is lake EL CAPITAN in lakeside ca. In my travels I've seen old dam with new larger ones in front for more water storage. Bringing higher shoreline is great. Lake DON Pedro old dam was about 70 ft. From water going over. That would been a site to see.With the pictures I've taken thur the years, this is by far the worst looking lake for this county No water pipe line for the lake

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Diamond Valley was finished in 2003, one of the largest reservoirs in so cal, I don't know if it was the last one though.
Hi there old rigger, I had never heard of Diamond Valley before, so in checking I am finding a lake roughly 1 X 2 Miles at full brim? Thanks for your reply but I was speaking more on the magnitude of a Shasta, Oroville, Don Pedro, McClure, etc., reservoirs with a hundred plus miles of shore line, able to store thousands of acre feet of water for times just like these. Any politician ever take into account how much of CA's. annual snow fall ends up in the Pacific ocean?

·
Registered
388 Posts
How about all that water that travels down the LA river to the ocean? We used to capture water in Van Norman dam, Chatsworth reservoir etc. You're right about the state and "dim"
describes the so called leaders.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi there old rigger, I had never heard of Diamond Valley before, so in checking I am finding a lake roughly 1 X 2 Miles at full brim? Thanks for your reply but I was speaking more on the magnitude of a Shasta, Oroville, Don Pedro, McClure, etc., reservoirs with a hundred plus miles of shore line, able to store thousands of acre feet of water for times just like these. Any politician ever take into account how much of CA's. annual snow fall ends up in the Pacific ocean?
Then you should have been more specific, you said large reservoir, down here in so cal Diamond Valley is largest. By the way it's 4.5 miles by roughly 2 miles, still tiny by comparison. I agree with everything you and the others said about the subject, I've read that 75-80% of our states rain/snow fall goes to the ocean.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Huge % of So Cal's water goes into the ocean, less up north but still significant. So cal has almost no storage located on rivers draining to the ocean beyond the settling ponds, which certainly are valuable in refilling the aquifers but catch a relatively tiny % of what is being dumped to the ocean. It is very sad to watch as some of the time So Cal does receive significant rainfall, not every year but enough to make a big difference if that water could be diverted and stored.

I believe as time goes on, droughts continue, and populations continue to grow, water will become more valuable that money, gold and even food and only then will major changes in the way we allow this dumped water to go on will occur.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Got this pic this morning from my friend in South Lake Tahoe, his backyard. He lives at lake level and said it was the "biggest dump of the year so far".
This was just from yesterdays storm.

IMG_3236.jpg

·
Registered
979 Posts
Woke up to about 6 inches this morning in Carson City and its still coming down. Probably a couple more inches in the last few hours. Should be good for Lahontan. We hope to make a few trips there this summer. :)devil:)devil

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The American canal is sending water to MEXICO and if we could send most of it to the salton sea and other agency SO-CAL EL NINO would be over.

·
Registered
480 Posts
This lake needs it. Was by Monday.
Holy smokes. That is not the res I knew when I was a kid. About every 4 years enough rain fell to flood Oxnard. But that res was always full. I want to, and my kids want to move back to the beach. Maybe those pics changed my mind.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts