Tags
nino
10K views 74 replies 23 participants last post by  Mr. Travels 
#1 · (Edited)
This lake needs it. Was by Monday.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I would like to know when the last large reservoir was built in this dim controlled state. And if anyone with half a clue in Sac. thinks it may be a good idea to possibly think about increasing the states capacity to capture and hold water for times like these. How green is piglosi's lawn?

#6 ·
The recent dam to be rised is lake EL CAPITAN in lakeside ca. In my travels I've seen old dam with new larger ones in front for more water storage. Bringing higher shoreline is great. Lake DON Pedro old dam was about 70 ft. From water going over. That would been a site to see.With the pictures I've taken thur the years, this is by far the worst looking lake for this county No water pipe line for the lake

#10 ·
Huge % of So Cal's water goes into the ocean, less up north but still significant. So cal has almost no storage located on rivers draining to the ocean beyond the settling ponds, which certainly are valuable in refilling the aquifers but catch a relatively tiny % of what is being dumped to the ocean. It is very sad to watch as some of the time So Cal does receive significant rainfall, not every year but enough to make a big difference if that water could be diverted and stored.

I believe as time goes on, droughts continue, and populations continue to grow, water will become more valuable that money, gold and even food and only then will major changes in the way we allow this dumped water to go on will occur.

#29 ·
Got this pic this morning from my friend in South Lake Tahoe, his backyard. He lives at lake level and said it was the "biggest dump of the year so far".
This was just from yesterdays storm.

View attachment 851625

That is great. I was there Thursday and Friday morning. There was no snow at lake level.

#28 ·
They are collecting signatures now to put a ballot measure in the November election. It would kill the bullet "slow speed" train and use the remaining $8 Billion for the project for Four water storage projects. If you see people collecting signatures outside a store, ask them what it is for. If it is this one...sign it. I have hear this project is well funded. Lets hope it gets on the ballot and that it passes.

#25 ·
The Sierra club was pushing hard to get both Powell and Mead drained for about ten years. I have not paid attention for the last 3 years or so, but I don't see them letting up. About 7 years ago they were releasing quite a bit more water out of both those lakes than they had in previous years. Between that and the fact that Utah and Colorado did not get large amounts of snow really killed those lake levels. Then again the big man up stairs can fill both up with one winters snow fall.

Paul

#24 ·
We are glad to hear you guys are getting rain. Heaven knows you need it. Of course we want it for our hobby, but for any their livelihood depends on it. May it keep coming down till every reservoir and lake is full.

Now if we could only get enough snow over the next years to fill Powell and Mead.

Paul

#37 ·
This is real good news

SHASTA LAKE
WATER LEVEL

Measured on: March 22, 2016
Measured at midnight (end of day shown above)

Shasta Lake water level (elevation above sea level): 1045.18 feet
(Full lake is 1067 feet elevation)

Distance from dam crest: 21.82 feet
(Feet down from the top)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.