Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install some 1/2" fuel line and new electric fuel pump to see if that helps my top end issue because of possible fuel supply for my HP. I currently have 3/8 fuel line with a 130gph mechanical pump using all 3/8 NPT fittings as well as the carburetor dual feed line.

Will an electric fuel pump with 3/8 NPT inlet and outlet support the needs of 1/2" fuel hose? Would a mechanical be the same?

I see that most electric fuel pumps they sell at Summit have a 3/8 NPT inlet and outlet. Will I need a 1/2" or -8 AN inlet and outlet pump? I have only run an electric fuel pump with -10 inlet and outlet in my dragster with -10 fuel line.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Depending how thirsty your set up is, how many carbs, carb size, HP etc. I do -10 tank to fuel pump, -8 to regulator, -6 to carbs.(4150's) On my Electric Holley 150 HP, it 3/8npt in and out. I just use npt to AN adapters. Have you checked your float levels? Are you running a regulator? If so what, PSI is it set to?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a post below but it is a 555 (BBC) that should be over 600 HP (no dyno). I am trying the electric pump as a test to see if 3/8 line is killing it. I am going to run all 1/2 line and -8 AN fittings for the test and use the 3/8 npt to -8 AN. The carb is a 1050 with a 4150 base. The floats are perfect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge on your line, prior to the carb? This will tell if you are running out of fuel. If the pressure stays constant you are good to explore other avenues. I run a 565 BB with a large mechanical roller with a Holley electric fuel pump with3/8 fitting coming out into a fuel pressure regulator and I have a steady 8 PSI on my line just prior to the carb.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a solid 6-7 PSI on full throttle with it being just before the carb. It wasn't sounding or feeling like it was starved for fuel just trying to make sure I have all my bases covered

·
Registered
5 Posts
You still have not mentioned any engine specs...?
I am running 9psi out of the regulator for this engine.
Be Thirsty My Friends

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The motor is a 555 BBC, brodix bb2 heads with jesel shaft rockers. Cam specs .632 lift and 114 lobe separation. Compression is 10.25. Intake is a matching brodix with a 4150 base 1050 cfm carb.

The fuel system is the last thing I have not changed. I was going to try an electric fuel pump with the 3/8 fuel hose but ended up pulling the motor. No more water for the season here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to install some 1/2" fuel line and new electric fuel pump to see if that helps my top end issue because of possible fuel supply for my HP. I currently have 3/8 fuel line with a 130gph mechanical pump using all 3/8 NPT fittings as well as the carburetor dual feed line.

Will an electric fuel pump with 3/8 NPT inlet and outlet support the needs of 1/2" fuel hose? Would a mechanical be the same?

I see that most electric fuel pumps they sell at Summit have a 3/8 NPT inlet and outlet. Will I need a 1/2" or -8 AN inlet and outlet pump? I have only run an electric fuel pump with -10 inlet and outlet in my dragster with -10 fuel line.
Contingent upon how parched your set up is, the number of carbs, carb size, HP, and so forth.

It relies upon the fuel siphon, to the controller, to carbs. (4150's) On the

Electric Holley 150 HP, it 3/8npt in and out. I simply use not to A connectors.

furthermore, ultimately please checked your buoy levels

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
The motor is a 555 BBC, brodix bb2 heads with jesel shaft rockers. Cam specs .632 lift and 114 lobe separation. Compression is 10.25. Intake is a matching brodix with a 4150 base 1050 cfm carb.

The fuel system is the last thing I have not changed. I was going to try an electric fuel pump with the 3/8 fuel hose but ended up pulling the motor. No more water for the season here.
While it's out dyno it. It really does help you eliminate issues once you get it in the boat.

Reactions: Jetdream'n
1 - 9 of 9 Posts