Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Pump Mount

On my flat and day Cruiser I mount the pump on the transom, in my opinion easy to feed from both tanks and helps clean things up. The flat I hidden as the rear deck over hangs a bit but the day cruiser is exposed. I repurposed a coil cover to fit over the pump

Attachments

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Where are you guys mounting your electric fuel pumps?
The majority of electric fuel pumps should be mounted below the fuel tank or fuel source. Some electric fuel pumps can be located in the fuel tank, but some cannot.
Electric can usually push fuel well, but not so good at pulling it.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
And if you run 2 tanks try and get the 2 lines going to the t to the pump equal in length, the level in each tank will stay almost the same.

·
Off Road Badass
267 Posts
I have mine mounted off the stringer next to the engine, about 10" above the stringer, above the bildge area to keep water off it. But this is still about at the level of the lowest part of the fuel tank. I also have a very short hose between the suction side of the pump and the water fuel separator. All straight fittings or easy bend AN fittings that don't restrict flow. Zero issues, no flat spots or hiccups when accelerating. if you mount a "gerator" style inline pump high up, you will have potential suction and flow problems. Keep it low.

·
Off Road Badass
267 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts