Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Scarab 22
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a dirty rumor that the Butte is 16 feet up on water right now over last year. Is this truth or rumor? I will have my boat ready for water this week and next days off from the oil rig I will be there testing and tuning.

·
Scarab 22
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do brother. would be a great time. time for you to get yours out of the storage and dust it off!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Its currently up 19 feet from the low of last year. However its still 10 feet lower than the high of last year, but we have not really got the run off yet. Lets hope we get the run off or it will end up lower this year than it was last year.

Its already dropped 2 feet last month since they opened the dam, and is sitting right now at 4329.72 ft. See attachment for lake levels going back to 1990.

I will be down there next weekend to have some fun, as long as the winds stay away.

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
I heard a dirty rumor that the Butte is 16 feet up on water right now over last year. Is this truth or rumor? I will have my boat ready for water this week and next days off from the oil rig I will be there testing and tuning.
I'm hoping that the rumor is true but I don't know when I will be going South to the Butte to find out! I am heading to Conchas next weekend and crossing my fingers that the water level is okay there!!

·
Scarab 22
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Ya'll. I guess I should have bought a Jet rather than a prop boat after talking to Outlaw last week. Lower water would not be a problem as much. Hope to meet more of you guys/gals in person. Met Outlaw on my way to the oil rig last week. great guy and great to meet him and looking forward to catching yall at the lake this summer.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I'm hoping that the rumor is true but I don't know when I will be going South to the Butte to find out! I am heading to Conchas next weekend and crossing my fingers that the water level is okay there!!

Conchas...... HUMMMMMM....... :D:D:D

46 ft down last I heard, still lots of water

·
Registered
944 Posts
Conchas...... HUMMMMMM....... :D:D:D

46 ft down last I heard, still lots of water
Outlaw, PLEASE tell me that you are kidding about it being 46 feet down....

I'm going to Navajo in June!! Hopefully it's doing better than Conchas and the Butte!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow, haven't heard Elephant Butte in Forever. I partied out there one memorial weekend back when I was at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque when I was about 19. Had a blast!

·
Scarab 22
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wished I had holiday weekends off so I could go play. less people on off weekends though. LETS GO AND HAVE A BALL! worked on my boat all day today. should be ready tuesday so when I come home for next days off we are going somewhere to have fun.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts