Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when you think you've seen them all... This is an "Eliminator" Jet Drive made in limited quantities and used in a handfull of river boats in the 60's /70's, Jet was apparently made in Lewiston Wahington and I was told today it was affectionatley called the "Spokane sewer pipe" sooooooooooo, This Poor Old Gent (customer) buys this boat in Idaho and hauls it back to Texas , cleans it up, freshens the Olds Engine and takes it to water a few weeks back Alas it wont get on plane now its here ;) ought to be a challenge ! This Baby was ahead of its day Three impellers and waaaaaay long "straight" snoot

Quote from Wacanda :The red and white boat featured above was built for and owned by my father from 1974 to 1994. It was built in 1974 and was powered by a 350 cid Oldsmobile V-8 coupled to an Eliminator Jet Drive (built in Lewiston Idaho.) It had a custom made..... http://wacandaboats.webs.com/1960sandlatermodels.htm

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
:eek:mg:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I bet Josh was sooooo happy to see that on his bench. :)Rant

Be careful when you get there in the morning Tom, this might be you -> :smileyvault-tomatoe

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
You said it has 3 impellers?

Is it a three stage pump?

Does each stage have wear rings?

I'm really curious.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it should be set back:p And its gonna take one hell of a ride plate.:)grn
Think re gonna call it Berk-zilla :)sphss

I think it should be set back:p And its gonna take one hell of a ride plate.:)grn
Not unlike Panther it appears to have been dependant on a "sacrificial" Blade and casting set up (no replaceable wear ring)

·
Registered
422 Posts
WOW, this is very interesting. You have my attention sir, keep us fully updated. That thing is pretty neat looking..

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW, this is very interesting. You have my attention sir, keep us fully updated. That thing is pretty neat looking..
Hey JC whats up how ya been ? , Well its no secret my Kid cant leave anything alone like this , truthfully this Jet was terminal from the start , 30 years obsolete and flat worn out to boot so it was a natural to get "energized" where do you start, we got a chunk of aluminum from "Online metals" and scrounged up this Aggressor transitional casting and proceeded to make an "adaptor" ;) Very much enjoy watching these things come together truly wish we could restore this Old jet to original but its just not in the cards ....
(sorry for the blur)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Been doing good Tom, just getting ready for summer so I'll be calling ya for some parts soon. Looks good Josh, nice work. :)devil:)devil

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More on the Eliminator jet

Well it would have been impossible to try to restore this so its become a "Frankenstien" of Berkeley, Dominator, Jacuzzi and Aggressor parts and some of Josh's engenuity :

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Give that Man a raise!!:)devil:)devil

looks good!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts