Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, I've been an outboard guy my whole life and just sold my Allison. I have always had a desire for a jet and I think I found my first jet. !989 Eliminator 19' Sprint. 454 Chevy, Dominator pump, droop, and NO place diverter. This boat has been a garage queen its entire life. Used only 2 -3 times a year. It is flawless. My question is would this be a good "starter" jet? I don't want to go 90 or 100, (been there done that) just cruise and have a halfway decent ride. I'm in the midwest great lakes region and boat mainly on smaller inland lakes and rivers. I can get this boat for about the mid to upper $7k. Does this sound about right? A place diverter would be a must, wouldn't it? The jet selection around here is nothing like out west. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Great boat, had one for many years. Lots of good memories from that boat. Mine did 80 with moderate hp and extensive pump work. A few guys on here will chime in i'm sure and have plenty of good things to say.

Here was mine.

I sold it to a guy up in washington. I think his screen name is Driptruck. I believe he still has it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
This is an old pic but this is my kids 89 Sprint. It is a custom one of kind thou.

A couple more up to date pics.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Great boats. I have two friends that have that hull. One is has a blown BBC, and the other is naturally aspirated. They could use a good ride plate/shoe, if it has a delta pad, an open loader. Very stable boat.:)devil:)hand
I like the colors of yours!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts