Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eliminator built this hull i think in the 80's, it has a simular bottom like the Stoker, but the top looks like a V.

Does anyone have any experinence with these?

Were they a good hull performance wise?

Was there any handling issues?

The one we are looking at has a jet.

It appears to be 21'.

Thanx for any input.

· Registered
3,731 Posts
Eliminator built this hull i think in the 80's, it has a simular bottom like the Stoker, but the top looks like a V.

Does anyone have any experinence with these?

Were they a good hull performance wise?

Was there any handling issues?

The one we are looking at has a jet.

It appears to be 21'.

Thanx for any input.
Pictures?

· Registered
3,731 Posts
I think the one you are referring to is a sport tunnel that is a modified V that they made in several lengths. Cool looking boat, I think it was very slow out of the hole and not so hot on handling. The had another couple that were referred to as the edge series I think. Not positive. They made a 20 or 21 version with a jet. Late 80's through mid 90's.

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the one you are referring to is a sport tunnel that is a modified V that they made in several lengths. Cool looking boat, I think it was very slow out of the hole and not so hot on handling. The had another couple that were referred to as the edge series I think. Not positive. They made a 20 or 21 version with a jet. Late 80's through mid 90's.
Thanx Widow for your input.

· Under yo mommas bed
1,828 Posts
Thats a good looking boat and with that bottom there is NO way it can be ill handling as an O/B. It needs more horsepower tho, but then I think everything needs more HP. I'd buy it if I hadn't just picked up the Brendella.:)devil

· Registered
120 Posts
Same bottom as the Essex I beleive. Ill handeling is what i heard out of the jet, but i never drove one. They work good with anb IO
Had one , Open bow.Shoemaker rigged it, we ended up turning it over and let Bennet re-do the radius on the bottom and putting a lot of rocker in it.
Powered with a 588 pump gas BBC , Berkley, needed a lot of power.
Ran the low-mid 90's.
Great Ski boat and a great lower river boat.
Sold it , wish I had it back.

· Registered
2,180 Posts
Had one , Open bow.Shoemaker rigged it, we ended up turning it over and let Bennet re-do the radius on the bottom and putting a lot of rocker in it.
Ran the low-mid 90's.
I thought that was you!!! Not too many in Alpine. I saw your son on thursday driving past my job but he was on an important phone call. SOmething about head bolts and water. Must have been a business call. I am hoping to see you all on the water at the end of the year with the new baby due to be here in 14 days.

Cy

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ran the low-mid 90's.
Thanx for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.