Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
yes ... and they do a great job.

contact Tiki (Jeff) here on the boards, he's real fair on pricing ... you won't be disappointed.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
How much does it usually cost to re-coat an entire jet pump, in white? I've been considering doing that the next time I have the pump out of the boat for a re-build. But was curious about pricing. Thank you.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
There are very few powdercoating shops that know how to powdercoat a jet-drive the right way. There are alot of ways to ruin a pump by powdercoating the wrong area or sand blasting the machined surfaces. Embee knows the drill and they do killer work. Not to mention they support all the boat guys and racers. Embee helped out NJBA this weekend as well. Highly reccomended.

CS

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
ive never used them myself but seeing all the stuff that has come out of that shop i would say they know what they are doing...cs's boat is beautiful and i believe they did all of his stuff...we also have a powdercoating shop here in yuma that can do a fantastic job!!!

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
ive never used them myself but seeing all the stuff that has come out of that shop i would say they know what they are doing...cs's boat is beautiful and i believe they did all of his stuff...we also have a powdercoating shop here in yuma that can do a fantastic job!!!
Yes Jeff dialed me in with all my polishing and hard anodizing. Its all done in hard black and hard red. Im very happy with everything.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
All American Turbine and Dominator pumps are powder coated
All Berkeley pumps are hard anodized, then powder coated.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Talked to Jeff this afternoon..... Thats where my stuff is going :)
Same here! Next year!:D When I pull the pump apart again at the end of the season. It's going to California for the winter.:D Pricing for doing the pump was very reasonable.:)devil I expected much higher.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
so how much is it ?
It runs between $150.00 and $200.00 depending on how many parts there are. Very reasonable, considering how durable it is. And at work we coated a pair of fenders, at a local shop, for a custom truck we did, and it cost $100.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
our minimum charge is $80.00 - we try to take care of the guys on the boards/racers. jet pumps can be a big problem if you don't know what you are doing. stripping the OEM coating, but not the hard anodize, sealing the cast material and special masking along with heat treat factors are just a few of the things that need to take place. we have been around for awhile and though we are not perfect, i like to think our work speeks for itself. you can expext to pay $150 - $350 for a complete pump set up - the price is calculate by quantity, color and if the pump was powdercoated perviously. hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts