Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else go to the website endofamerica13.com It's kinda long but interesting. Now that is some scary stuff. Not too many holes in his logic. I realize he is selling something but could happen. Well, maybe I can spend 6 months at the lake then.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Anyone else go to the website endofamerica13.com It's kinda long but interesting. Now that is some scary stuff. Not too many holes in his logic. I realize he is selling something but could happen. Well, maybe I can spend 6 months at the lake then.

I think this is the same deal Rexone sent off $49 for the info package. He was going to post what he finds out soon. There is another post about a week ago from Rex. It is alarming info .

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I think this is the same deal Rexone sent off $49 for the info package. He was going to post what he finds out soon. There is another post about a week ago from Rex. It is alarming info .
Yes it is alarming. Unfortunately you still can't understand that the vast majority of the collapses he explains will be caused by the Gov not the corperations and CEO's.:)sphss

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Yes it is alarming. Unfortunately you still can't understand that the vast majority of the collapses he explains will be caused by the Gov not the corperations and CEO's.:)sphss

LOL! you just keep on telling yourself that corporate greed and corruption has nothing to do with our current depression/recession.

Hey Rex! We need a "Head in the sand" smiley asap! Thanks Zombie. :lmao1:

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
LOL! you just keep on telling yourself that corporate greed and corruption has nothing to do with our current depression/recession.

Hey Rex! We need a "Head in the sand" smiley asap! Thanks Zombie. :lmao1:
Well just answer a few questions then. Who was more responsible for the housing crash ? The banks that made the loans or the government (Freddie and Fannie) who authorized those loans to be purchased by them. Also who was it that packaged up all thost toxic loans and sold them to the private sector in the form of mortgaged backed securities ? Sure there was greed amongst banks to try and get as much of the business the gov created in the form of millions of people who would now qualify for a loan that otherwise would have never been in the market for a house. Who opened pandoras box and then passed the buck ?:)sphss:)hand:)hand:)hand:)hand

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Well just answer a few questions then. Who was more responsible for the housing crash ? The banks that made the loans or the government (Freddie and Fannie) who authorized those loans to be purchased by them. Also who was it that packaged up all thost toxic loans and sold them to the private sector in the form of mortgaged backed securities ? Sure there was greed amongst banks to try and get as much of the business the gov created in the form of millions of people who would now qualify for a loan that otherwise would have never been in the market for a house. Who opened pandoras box and then passed the buck ?:)sphss:)hand:)hand:)hand:)hand
Look up how many of those loans were backed by Fannie and Freddie Marvin. The last time I looked it up, I think the number was only 18%. There were tons of loans that were given out and the originator of the loan didn't care whether those taking the loan could repay it because the originator could sell the loan the next day.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Look up how many of those loans were backed by Fannie and Freddie Marvin. The last time I looked it up, I think the number was only 18%. There were tons of loans that were given out and the originator of the loan didn't care whether those taking the loan could repay it because the originator could sell the loan the next day.
And who was it that set the standards for said loans. As far as I know it is the senate finance and banking committee that makes the regulations regarding loans. I also seem to rmrmber a certain Harvard law graduate that was teaching ACORN how to protest banks and intimidate them to give said loans to people who could not afford it when smart banks tried to keep from giving risky loans. I never said the banks were not at fault and didn't get greedy. but it was the gov that set the ball of wax rolling.. I also remember GWB, years before the crash, trying to get the senate finance and banking committee to tighten the regulations regarding qualification standards for loan approval. But the Polesmoker in charge was not going to have anything to do with it.:)sphss

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
And who was it that set the standards for said loans. As far as I know it is the senate finance and banking committee that makes the regulations regarding loans. I also seem to rmrmber a certain Harvard law graduate that was teaching ACORN how to protest banks and intimidate them to give said loans to people who could not afford it when smart banks tried to keep from giving risky loans. I never said the banks were not at fault and didn't get greedy. but it was the gov that set the ball of wax rolling.. I also remember GWB, years before the crash, trying to get the senate finance and banking committee to tighten the regulations regarding qualification standards for loan approval. But the Polesmoker in charge was not going to have anything to do with it.:)sphss
You remember history your way Marvin, so you can blame Democrats and to a lesser extent all government, I'll remember what actually happened. :)hand

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd be interested in what you get for $49.00 as far as info goes. FYI, Freddie, Fanny and FHA back almost 100% of home mortgages........................... good news is NOBAMA is acutally looking at breaking up Freddie and Fannie. Even he can't take the financial heat of these quasi-goverment institutions. Some one page Chris Dodd for his input...............ya know, the lib that got millions off these institutions. That's ok though, he is a politician, not a big capitalist.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
You remember history your way Marvin, so you can blame Democrats and to a lesser extent all government, I'll remember what actually happened. :)hand
I think your confusing the U.S.A for what happened in LA LA LAND. Where you seem to spend most of your time:)sphss So you refute the fact that the SFBC set the standards for loan approval ? You refute that our current Pres helped organizations like ACORN develop strategies to force loans ? Do you refute the fact that gov job is to regulate and make sure thier is a fair playing field for all without creating a recipe for catastrophe ?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I'd be interested in what you get for $49.00 as far as info goes. FYI, Freddie, Fanny and FHA back almost 100% of home mortgages........................... good news is NOBAMA is acutally looking at breaking up Freddie and Fannie. Even he can't take the financial heat of these quasi-goverment institutions. Some one page Chris Dodd for his input...............ya know, the lib that got millions off these institutions. That's ok though, he is a politician, not a big capitalist.
Yep. Here is a story from the Weekly Standard. It seems Freddie, Fannie(GSE's) And FHA backed 90% of the loans. Now RAM will come in and say even though these are Gov funded and run entities the GOV still had nothing to due with setting the standards as to which Banks made loans with Gov guarantee to purchase said loans. But he will remember what realy took place. In his own little twisted world. Or is that mind. I'd love to see him post some factual data to refute this. But we'll just get some BS sarcastic remark.:)sphss

Weekly Standard: Breaking Up With Fannie Mae : NPR

·
Registered
375 Posts
Seems like the democrats have a little revisionist history problem

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Look up how many of those loans were backed by Fannie and Freddie Marvin. The last time I looked it up, I think the number was only 18%. .
Yep. Here is a story from the Weekly Standard. It seems Freddie, Fannie(GSE's) And FHA backed 90% of the loans. Weekly Standard: Breaking Up With Fannie Mae : NPR
"Currently, something like 90 percent of all new mortgages in this country are funded by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or by the GSEs. "

Sometime in the last 10 yrs, the # increased dramatically. I'm not sure when or how fast.

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
"Currently, something like 90 percent of all new mortgages in this country are funded by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or by the GSEs. "

Sometime in the last 10 yrs, the # increased dramatically. I'm not sure when or how fast.
It increased after the housing bubble burst. The banks were saddled with enormous amounts of bad debt and stopped lending. The FHA stepped in and did what it was originally designed to do and that is back lending for housing through Fannie Mae when banks stop lending. That is why 90% of the new loans are FHA backed loans.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It increased after the housing bubble burst. The banks were saddled with enormous amounts of bad debt and stopped lending. The FHA stepped in and did what it was originally designed to do and that is back lending for housing through Fannie Mae when banks stop lending. That is why 90% of the new loans are FHA backed loans.
hil:)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Nice Try Got anymore Hail Maries. keep trying, something will eventually stick to the wall.............................hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Hmm, revealing post.
What, pray tell, caused that bubble??

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
"Troll me tender, troll me Tweet.....Troll me forever and a day......"

Good grief, the undying defense of the undefensible facts is unbelievable. Frank and Dodd bascially admited in so many words they screwed the pooch and nothing was done to stop them. Yet it's always Bush's fault from the Left.:)sphss

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
And in the now famous quote of Barney Frank "It was the Republican's fault, they didn't try hard enough to stop us"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts