Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Any clue as to how fresh it may be? Possibly how many hours of run time. Or is it just inventory that's been here too long and needs to go?

STEVE

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Gone
1,824 Posts
Pump

Guys...here is the deal on this. Jim doesn't know the history on the pump. The pump could have been run, ruined and the flow tag just stuck back on it.
Or the pump could be fine..fresh and flow tag accurate.
If he knew he would tell you as he is honest.

The best 80a-1 puts out 7 gpm. 6.9 gpm is more the norm. Like engines that came off assembly lines...some just are a little hotter than others.

The 80a-1 pump is basically a gas pump...427 inches and up blown or unblown gas. But it can and is used with alcohol....unblown and mild blown applications. If Enderle knew it was going to be an alcohol application then he may have coated the pump. You can tell if the pump is coated by just looking in the inlet and see if you see a gray color. BUT....the pump does not HAVE to be coated to run alcohol. It is just an optional feature. Uncoated pumps do fine.

According to Kinsler and Enderle...it is a cardinal sin for you to take the pump cover off and look in there. They claim something to the effect that only they should do it....and then the pump should be flow checked afterwards to be sure it is right.
I've taken more than one cover off.....all there is in there are 2 gears and a brass wear ring. If you see any wear at all...the pump output is questionable.

Enderle gets about $50 to flow test a pump. Unknown what the charge is to rebuild one as they generally come back as ok or he says the pump is junk. I have no idea what the criteria is as far as rebuildable. Morg sent a pump in that he bought and it put out 6 gpm....Enderle said it was not rebuildable....that it was junk. When Enderle sent it back we pulled the cover off and we could see some marks on the gears (like chatter marks...but slight) and you could feel a wear area on the brass liner.
Why Endlerle did not replace the liner and a couple of gears and call it rebuilt only Enderle knows I guess.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pump

i saw the guy i got the pump from this weekend, he said he took it to enderle and those were the numbers it flowed and he hasn't used it since it was flowed, that was about 3yrs ago. Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts