Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats pro's con's about the fuels? Thinking about going Alcohol :yes:!!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
One pro on alky........your going to the final round only to find out you don't have enough fuel for It...............dump your 1.75er of capt. Morgan in and take the WIN :)hand

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It burns cleaner and won't load up at an idle.

Your engine will run much cooler.

Costs less than race gas.

Uses twice as much.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Do it, but you will need to ditch aluminum tanks and go stainless. Also, buy lots of oil, your going to be changing it a tad more often. Methanol make your motor oil turn milky.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Tunnel ram

Set it up right with alcohol and you will love it, 1 ?, is it blown?
will be a birdcatcher with a weiand t-ram. Bracket boat. 474 c.u BB chevy gen 5 steel gm crank, eagle H beam rods 13.5 cp pistons, 680 solid roller jet boat cam, comp roller rockers K.E. 320 aluminum offshore heads. gear drive, zig mag. have zoomies and bassett hedders. The hull is 900 pounds as you see it with goodies attatched.

Attachments

·
It's a sickness
1,354 Posts
swtd:1473761 said:
Set it up right with alcohol and you will love it, 1 ?, is it blown?
will be a birdcatcher with a weiand t-ram. Bracket boat. 474 c.u BB chevy gen 5 steel gm crank, eagle H beam rods 13.5 cp pistons, 680 solid roller jet boat cam, comp roller rockers K.E. 320 aluminum offshore heads. gear drive, zig mag. have zoomies and bassett hedders. The hull is 900 pounds as you see it with goodies attatched.
I would definitely run alky!

·
Upstanding Member
12,715 Posts
Methanol:
The tuning window is larger. :))THumbsUp

The maintenance is a little bit of a pain. :))ThumbsDwn

Can be a little harder to get.

Bigger bang in the cylinder.:))THumbsUp

Usage is double.

·
6TH STREET TERROR 4 HIRE
797 Posts
With alky you will have to use a fire suit if racing?

I like the tunnel ram injection idea and want to run it on my boat also but looking on the net it is kinda hard to find info on..

TIGEDLR.. Your boat looked like it was movin last weekend:))THumbsUp and looks great!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Info

I like the tunnel ram injection idea and want to run it on my boat also but looking on the net it is kinda hard to find info on..

TIGEDLR.. Your boat looked like it was movin last weekend:))THumbsUp and looks great!
Call ask for jim at Enderle and also Good vibrations in Whittier. They know all about these setups. Great help:yes:

·
Registered
101 Posts

Thanks, we had a great time. Lots of cool boats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts