Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a energizer kit for a W.J. how much difference will it make with the conversion

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
looking for a energizer kit for a W.J. how much difference will it make with the conversion
Call Tom at Jet Boat Performance!!!!!!!!!!!

·
blown mopar
343 Posts
the boat running low 70's with a stock wj and a diverter heres some pics
i dont think you need it...i run mid to high 80s with a stock jacuzzi and my boat is heavy....the berkely boys hate it when they get beat by one

·
310 Posts
i dont think you need it...i run mid to high 80s with a stock jacuzzi and my boat is heavy....the berkely boys hate it when they get beat by one
Yeah but how much power do you have? would you go faster with one? I'm thinking about one too for my pump.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The WJ Energizer is a very good kit and offers a lot including limitless impeller choices from aaa to ??, the use of Berk,AT,Dom style bolt ons It (the kit) also is a great alternative when a wj owner is facing rebuild on a WJ pump with catastrophic damage where the cost of repairs could outweigh the price of the Energizer.We have sold/installed/built dozens with good results and success. That said the original WJ jet is still a serious contender IMO just like Moparjet said, It (the WJ) with some work and minor mods can be made to work very well We have a 18' Miller/mod WJ/BBC 434 stroker running 80 ,very happy with it We also now have a production adaptor plate that allows the standard WJ bowl the accept Berk bolt ons (droops ,wedges,aft mkt nozzles etc (Boost heres the pics I tried to send yesterday) Tom

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The WJ Energizer is a very good kit and offers a lot including limitless impeller choices from aaa to ??, the use of Berk,AT,Dom style bolt ons It (the kit) also is a great alternative when a wj owner is facing rebuild on a WJ pump with catastrophic damage where the cost of repairs could outweigh the price of the Energizer.We have sold/installed/built dozens with good results and success. That said the original WJ jet is still a serious contender IMO just like Moparjet said, It (the WJ) with some work and minor mods can be made to work very well We have a 18' Miller/mod WJ/BBC 434 stroker running 80 ,very happy with it We also now have a production adaptor plate that allows the standard WJ bowl the accept Berk bolt ons (droops ,wedges,aft mkt nozzles etc (Boost heres the pics I tried to send yesterday) Tom

thats what i needed to see thanks Tom

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Depends. They are almost $2000 but you aren't going to go fast without one. I got a deal on mine. If I had to pay full price I would have been looking for a new boat ;)
For $2000 bucks have Jack @ MPD do his work to it. You will be faster than having bought the kit. The kit is a good idea, but after spending 2k on parts, they are still "as cast" and would need a performance blueprinting.

The WJ is a good pump. Dont let anyone tell you differently. Has a lot of potential, just has a couple of inherent flaws that need to be addressed. The one nice thing about it is the 5 blade impeller. It may or may not be as efficient, but it has more material making it capable of withstanding more power than the berk counterparts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts