Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had caffeine in 2.5 years and just had one a few hours ago. The one I tried is called Verve and it is supposed to be a healthy alternative to the others on the market. They are a local company here in AZ.

Anyways, I am wired right now. It gave me energy and I dont feel a drop off or instant lag. I took it at 2 PM. It didn't make me shaky like Amp made me when i used to drink it and Red bull/Rockstar tastes like crap to me, this Verve stuff wasn't too bad.

Anyone else drink these things like water?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have not had caffeine in 2.5 years and just had one a few hours ago. The one I tried is called Verve and it is supposed to be a healthy alternative to the others on the market. They are a local company here in AZ.

Anyways, I am wired right now. It gave me energy and I dont feel a drop off or instant lag. I took it at 2 PM. It didn't make me shaky like Amp made me when i used to drink it and Red bull/Rockstar tastes like crap to me, this Verve stuff wasn't too bad.

None of them are "healthy" I used to drink the sugar free rockstars mid day for a little pep, ended up in my Dr's office hooked up to an EKG machine (heart started fluttering) and im young and in shape. My doc told me that Im better off snorting coke, the amount of caffine in there adds stress to your heart. Its been one year since I have had one. Man I miss them.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts

CTR Mike!!!!!:D

Caffine will kill you sinners;):)sphss

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None of them are "healthy" I used to drink the sugar free rockstars mid day for a little pep, ended up in my Dr's office hooked up to an EKG machine (heart started fluttering) and im young and in shape. My doc told me that Im better off snorting coke, the amount of caffine in there adds stress to your heart. Its been one year since I have had one. Man I miss them.
I asked how much caffeine was in it and was told 60 (or 80?) mg. I was also told that many of the others were between 100-300mg.

How much is in a cup of coffee?

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
I asked how much caffeine was in it and was told 60 (or 80?) mg. I was also told that many of the others were between 100-300mg.

How much is in a cup of coffee?
Cup a joe is 80 mg.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts

CTR!!! :)devil:D

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
The 5 hour energy drinks have high doses of vitamin B and amino acids w/very little caffeine (1 cup coffee) and no sugar ....... the only one I will drink, had the same problem as So Cal with the others.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Had my first energy drinks a few months ago. downed 2 rockstars...HOLY SHIT! Though I was back in the 80's, needed to down 4 beers just to get level.:)sphss

Don't know how people can drink em.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Started out w/ RedBull, then RockStar, Rockstar diet, and RockStart Juiced.

I liked 5 hour energy was good, but thought the taste was just ok.

Tried all the the major energy drinks on the market at one time or another... some of them I had to do coke just to come down ;)

Saw a uniformed cop buying a Sparks at 7-11 once.
I much prefer RockStar Juiced w/ Dark Rum on the rocks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used to drink Monsters and esspreso until I ended up in the ER with Atrial Fibralation. Basically the top portion of my heart just vibrated and cause the lower portion to beat at around 200 beats per minute. Since then no caffine for me.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
The 5 hour energy drinks have high doses of vitamin B and amino acids w/very little caffeine (1 cup coffee) and no sugar ....... the only one I will drink, had the same problem as So Cal with the others.
My wife used to pound the energy drinks.
She'd walk in wired in the morning.

The most murderous were "The BOMBS" that came in a hand grenade shaped can, the pin ya pulled was the pop top.

She gave it all up:

Now it's the 5 hours, much less aftershock.

All the energy drinks are now in a price war it seems.

Red Bull was 99 cents a can in route to and at the river.

·
Registered
773 Posts

CTR!!! :)devil:D

I had a friend that died of a heart attack that I'm sure was b/c he drank tons of RedBulls. I've never had any of the energy drinks but do have a serious cola addiction. I try to only drink the diet ones though.

What does choosing the right and Beavis have in common?

BOB(LDS in a waaaaaaaaaay past life)ALOO:))eek:)) I know kinda unbelievable huh:D

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Started out w/ RedBull, then RockStar, Rockstar diet, and RockStart Juiced.

I liked 5 hour energy was good, but thought the taste was just ok.

Tried all the the major energy drinks on the market at one time or another... some of them I had to do coke just to come down ;)

Saw a uniformed cop buying a Sparks at 7-11 once.
I much prefer RockStar Juiced w/ Dark Rum on the rocks
That sounds damn good!!! I usually only drink the Juiced with vodka and sometimes pour it in my beer when I get a lil fukkered up on the water.:D

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
My favorite replacement for coffee is diet Rockstar but in a pinch I've resorted to Monster reduced carb and Red Bull sugar free. Red Bull whether sugared or not is too weak to stave off my caffeine withdrawal headache. :)coffee
CTR=caffeine to the rescue? :D Kidding. I tried CTR for 2 years and decided it isn't right for me after all.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts