Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Tom a paint pen mark on each bolt as you torque it and a mark on the main or rod cap as you check clearances.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Tom a paint pen mark on each bolt as you torque it and a mark on the main or rod cap as you check clearances.
I use the paint pen when final assembling a v-drive!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
X2 i get called away from things so much ive always just paint marked what ive done so its easy to go back too.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use the paint pen when final assembling a v-drive!
X2 i get called away from things so much ive always just paint marked what ive done so its easy to go back too.
Yeah Tom, use the same thing you mark your pumps with!

WhiteOut pen works too.

Thanks For all the input , Andy thats anti tamper laquer btw , When we build anything as with lots of folks theres continual interuptions and distractions (phones , vistors etc) I'm the kind of guy that wakes up in the middle of the night to worry bout if I turned off the compressor when I left at night, since this questiu=in Rhondas been helping with a check sheet That we'll print and use with those jobs rather than commit to memory , I'll share it here when done , nothing worse than buttoning up a oil pan and wondering a 3 am if I torqued the oil pump fastener :)Unsure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts