Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SORRY WRONG SPOT.

right now i have a 19 inch pitch prop. and a stock mercruiser 260 engine. i get 48 mph at 4300 rpm.

how much more horse power engine do i want to run a bigger pitch prop.

i would like to get around 60-65 mph. and be able to pull a skier out of the water quick.

thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just looking for advice. i dont really know how the pitch works specially in the high elevations of utah. thanks

·
Registered
786 Posts
Get rid of the cast exhaust and replace with light through transom like IMCO,GLM,Gil, etc.
Replace the cam,intake,and put on aluminum heads.May be new ignition.
Mercury Revolution 21 prop.

Now you should have between 350 and 400 hp.and be able to turn the motor at 5000 rpm.

The Revolution 21 should air out the hull and the heads and exhaust should reduce the weight by 200 lbs.

The down side is the motor will not idle as well as your stock cam and you won't be able to hear your wife.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get rid of the cast exhaust and replace with light through transom like IMCO,GLM,Gil, etc.
Replace the cam,intake,and put on aluminum heads.May be new ignition.
Mercury Revolution 21 prop.

Now you should have between 350 and 400 hp.and be able to turn the motor at 5000 rpm.

The Revolution 21 should air out the hull and the heads and exhaust should reduce the weight by 200 lbs.

The down side is the motor will not idle as well as your stock cam and you won't be able to hear your wife.
thanks. i appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts