Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just built a 528 chevy and having some gnarly knocking on one side it sounds like a loose rocker or miss adjusted but its not! AND it started making a dry skretching sound so i cut it off?? any ideas of wtf it is??? or aany builders got any spare time to help me out i got cash!:(:(:)hand

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Post this in the "On the Dyno" section as well.:)bulb That's where a lot of the engine builders hang out. This will better your chance of getting a proper diagnosis.

Good luck.:)hand

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no no clearance problems... the engine was running when it was in the southwind, took it out and put it in the cp and having major complications with it now..

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If you sat the engine down on the pan while doing the switch you could have pushed the pan up against the oil pick up and now its not getting any oil. Not saying you did but i've seen it happen before. Can you tell where the knocking noise is(top, bottom,left/right side) ???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the noise gets louder at a higher rpm... and i was about to say thye engine was on a stand the whole time it was being built but i sat it down real quick to reposition it on the hoist that could have done it...but what about the knock???:mad:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
When its running does it have oil pressure ??? If your positive the knock is comming from the engine I would pull the oil pan and check the rod bearings. While the pan is off, mite as well check the mains also. See what the oil presure is first but dont run it very long as your doing more damage if its not getting any oil.

·
Engine junkie
142 Posts
Check for a starter, flywheel, bell housing interference problem first, do the same around the alternator and balancer, look for anything that is hitting. I have seen this problem before with starter to flywheel problems. Thats of course all based on you having the correct oil pressure.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Have you figured out what was the cuase yet ? Oil pan to pump clearance ? Just wondering. Atleast it didnt come apart in lottle pieces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts