Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems I've developed a hic-up in the motor. Idle, low speed, good speed cruize, or full throttle. Every couple minutes its nearly stalls, and then keeps right on going. Don't think its fuel related, as the fuel gauge does not move nor does it backfire.

Ignition? MSD digital 6, blaster coil.

Any suggestions?

Jerry

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Seems I've developed a hic-up in the motor. Idle, low speed, good speed cruize, or full throttle. Every couple minutes its nearly stalls, and then keeps right on going. Don't think its fuel related, as the fuel gauge does not move nor does it backfire.

Ignition? MSD digital 6, blaster coil.

Any suggestions?

Jerry
When you say fuel gauge... do you mean fuel pressure at the regulator, at the pump, or fuel level?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hic up

Fuel gauge as in pressure, at the regulator.

I could run it in the driveway with a timing light on the coil. Afraid if I blink, I'l lmiss it.
I'm changing out the coil today, will see it that helps.

Jerry

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
I had a similar thing last year and the center contact inside the dist cap was the problem. It was burned down flat.

That was the final straw that led me to,

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
I had a similar thing last year and the center contact inside the dist cap was the problem. It was burned down flat.

That was the final straw that led me to,
Interesting set up... Hey, what sort of block are we looking at there?

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
That's an Arias Century 10.7 block.
LS-1 coils in the pic. I also have run LS-2 coils.
Best ignition setup I have ever used.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hic up

checked the MSD ground, OK

Had drained and refilled the tanks, should not be that.

checked the Dist cap, not OK. Actually looked like a chunk of the center contact was burned off or missing. Now I'm replacing, cap, rotor, plugs, coil. We'll see if that fixes it.

Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts