Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am re rigging a TX 19 I recently bought. When I pulled the engine I found the stringer mounts were cracked for the engine mount. This is a 4 point Glenwood setup. The front mount appears to be straight and the rear dropped. Is this standard? If so what is the purpose for a rake on the engine mount.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Imagine a line from the center of the crank to the center of the pump shaft.You want it straight .Sometimes there can be a very slight angle,few degrees in the hbar to make them quiet at idle.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imagine a line from the center of the crank to the center of the pump shaft.You want it straight .Sometimes there can be a very slight angle,few degrees in the hbar to make them quiet at idle.
Thanks!

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
What is an appropriate drive line angle?
Generally on a stock Berkeley intake on a TX-19, the intake is installed at -4 degrees. Could be 5. You can check this by leveling or zeroing an inclinometer on the bottom of the boat, then place on side of pump intake (the part of the pump mounted in the boat that the suction housing bolt to) to see the exact angle of your boat. You want it reasonably straight with the crankshaft centerline, but if you have a driveline with two u-joints it does not have to be perfect.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Ideally, the center lines should be parallel, but slightly offset.

Usually the engine is slightly higher, or slightly lower than the pump.
(But at the same angle)
Just enough to put a couple degrees into the u-joint.

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
Ideally, the center lines should be parallel, but slightly offset.

Usually the engine is slightly higher, or slightly lower than the pump.
(But at the same angle)
Just enough to put a couple degrees into the u-joint.
X2 from 1/2-3 degrees in driveline but keep the crank and pump shaft parallel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts